475 visa work as self employed, how to do the documentation?

Guest Yenty Jap

Guest Yenty Jap

Hello Everyone, hopefully I post on the right thread, I am on 475 visa and work as a sole treader, I was wondering if there are other 475 holder working as sole trader and has successfully applied for PR, I would really like to know what type of documentation, paper work or anything that you kept as a proof of your work? how do you kept record and how to do submit when you apply for PR? I am a graphic designer and licensing artist.

Thank you in advance for the help, would really appreciated, I wanted to do it right.

Hi Yenty Jap,

I'm on 475 visa and I still have about 15 months left to go before I apply for PR. The documents I'm keeping are all my payslips, bank statements, mobile bills, different memberships (library, pub, gym...) a copy of my lease, certificates of any courses I've done, a copy of my tax return forms...

I think these are proof enough. I haven't held on to any receipts of goods or groceries I've bought though but then I'm not an expert.

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alireza

I m in the same boat.I want to know how do they calculate self employed working hours?I ran a business for the last year ,but its income was not so remarakble and so tax return was not significant as well.Do you think it is problematic for immigration or not?

Guest Yenty Jap

Thanks Ali, I have kept all paper work that I could get, the only one that I did not have is a lease documentation, I stay with friends and did not take part in the contract and a bit worried about it now, I have 15 months to go too, I have payslip from part time job and my self employed business is not earning that much too although the working hours I put in always more than 35 hours a week but as licensing artist the turn around is quite long.

Alireza, the documentation I make for my self employed business is that I made a record of what I did everyday, the time period, and the total hours everyday. Hopefully this help. I did consult with migration agent, and by looking at the working hours and the income I made it is totally not balanced to convince the government that I really work and some more I work from home or library, but then again it is opinion, not something stated.

I am in the look out for full time work just to be more secure.

Yenty