4 days into reccie

SwanseaJack

Hi

Well after months of endless waiting we have arrived in Adelaide on the reccie. Even though we have been granted our 190 visa we have never been to Austrlia before.

Well it's only 5 days in and I must say we have all fallen in love with the place and the people. The place is beautiful and clean buddy but not too busy people in the city smile at you as you pass and you can always hear thank you and excuse me. Everyone we have met both pons and Aussie,s have been great, nothing is never too much of a problem.

Been to Aldinga Zbeach what a stunning place even saw wild kangaroos on the roadside. Been to Clelad Wildlife park. Fed kangaroos , held koala bears.

Been looking into house learnt a lot about buying houses. Went to a new housing development in Seaford. Saw a fantastic four bed house which we fell in love with asked the agent how much $200,000 and thought WOW that is cheap fantastic, wasn't until we saw the next agent that he explained you buy the house, and the land, then spy extra for footings and finally py for treatment. That added approx $300,000 o the cost not so fantastic but made more sense.

We have been to Mount Barker, Hallet Cove and other places along the coast.

We have been shopping in Coles and Woolworths, things definitely more expensive but like back home plenty of offers on so buy when you can I think. Did see a tub of celebrations usually £4 in the UK here $30 won't be buying them over her.

All in all having a great time met and meeting up ith P in A members. All fantastic.

Tomorrow Department of Eucation for myself and agencies for my husband and park foe my daughter (who can't believe the numbers of parks they have) later down to Hallet Cove beach. Then more research next week but not forgetting Adelaide Zoo and Glenelg leisure Centre.

We are staying in the Majestic Old

Lion Apartments in N Adelaide would highly recommend to everyone excellent service, beautifully clean and a 10 minute walk to the city and on the free bus route into the city.

Shall add more in a few days

Kathy and the fmiky:biggrin::biglaugh:

Guest sithewindows

Glad your loving it. We are on our way on Tuesday and never been to SA so am feeling good after reading your quote. Shame my container has left otherwise I would have chucked some of Jo's shoe boxes out and filled it with Celebrations.

Hi

Well after months of endless waiting we have arrived in Adelaide on the reccie. Even though we have been granted our 190 visa we have never been to Austrlia before.

Well it's only 5 days in and I must say we have all fallen in love with the place and the people. The place is beautiful and clean buddy but not too busy people in the city smile at you as you pass and you can always hear thank you and excuse me. Everyone we have met both pons and Aussie,s have been great, nothing is never too much of a problem.

Been to Aldinga Zbeach what a stunning place even saw wild kangaroos on the roadside. Been to Clelad Wildlife park. Fed kangaroos , held koala bears.

Been looking into house learnt a lot about buying houses. Went to a new housing development in Seaford. Saw a fantastic four bed house which we fell in love with asked the agent how much $200,000 and thought WOW that is cheap fantastic, wasn't until we saw the next agent that he explained you buy the house, and the land, then spy extra for footings and finally py for treatment. That added approx $300,000 o the cost not so fantastic but made more sense.

We have been to Mount Barker, Hallet Cove and other places along the coast.

We have been shopping in Coles and Woolworths, things definitely more expensive but like back home plenty of offers on so buy when you can I think. Did see a tub of celebrations usually £4 in the UK here $30 won't be buying them over her.

All in all having a great time met and meeting up ith P in A members. All fantastic.

Tomorrow Department of Eucation for myself and agencies for my husband and park foe my daughter (who can't believe the numbers of parks they have) later down to Hallet Cove beach. Then more research next week but not forgetting Adelaide Zoo and Glenelg leisure Centre.

Lion Apartments in N Adelaide would highly recommend to everyone excellent service, beautifully clean and a 10 minute walk to the city and on the free bus route into the city.

Hi

Glad your having a great time and hope you realise all your dreams, the hard yard is still to come but wiil be made easier now your getting to know and like the place. My Wife and I are staying in the Vine apartments just up the road from you in Melbourne st. The Lion is a nice place for sure, have not had a restaurant meal there yet though! My wife walks all over this area, there are all the parklands, the Botanical gardens (free) walks along the river into the city and the Zoo too, its also nice to walk around the streets in north Adelaide and the eastern suburbs with thier treelined streets and heritage houses, though these areas are an expensive place to buy a house.

Enjoy the rest of your stay and its great to see the regular updates.

Oooh take your daughter for a walk into the parklands north of melbourne St. Walk round the riding track until you see the horses. There are three paddocks in those parklands, so the horses may have been rotated to the far one. Then walk round until you find the playground on LeFevre Tce. When you have finished there walk across Lefevre Tce at the lights and down Tynte St to Perrymans Bakery. Here you can buy mini pies and pasties and the most splendiferous butter biscuits. The apple buns are not bad either. Best to go in the morning, because the school next door sends there for their lunch orders and people drop by to pick up things for lunch and things sell out quickly. :)