Working visa and flights from UK

McGintyoz

My niece is coming over on a working visa for a year, after looking into flights a single trip is £750 and a return is £800 but the longest she can book the return for is 6 months. Anyone else got any ideas of how she can book a return for a year but at cheap costs? Can you get year open ended flights? All help appreciated :smile:

You can. Some airlines charge to change the flight is all. Singapore airlines allow one free change of return date depending on the ticket type. Not sure what other ones do. Although it might only be a 10 month time frame.

Her best bet if she is unsure is to go into a travel agent and ask. Booking through them if need be.

I am with snifter on this one check things out with travel agent. I was always led to believe that the return date could be changed, usually with a fee, with-in a 12 month period ( I have done this), but this must be done before your original return date passes otherwise you could lose your ticket. Changing your outbound ticket usually means cancelling and re-booking - a costly thing.

How this relates to a multiple stop ticket will also need to be checked out, so again an experiencd travel agent is really your 1st stop.

Happy travels

Airlines will only let you book up to 10 months from the current date but the ticket will be valid for a year so if she books now to come in November for example the latest return flight she should be able to reserve at present would be June but if she changed the return flight before that she would be able to book up until November. As others have said, most airlines will do this for free or charge a 'processing fee'. If you got through an agent they'll probably tell you there is one free change but again they will charge a processing fee as well as the airlines fee. It's not normally much (around $50) but works out much cheaper than booking 2 singles or forfeiting the return flight