UK Panel Doctors

Guest dglamoore

Guest dglamoore

Here is a link to the list of UK Panel Doctors you can use for a medical. It is worth phoning around a few as prices can vary a lot (we went to Southampton rather than Devon and saved £130 which paid for weekend away :lol: ) and we were cheeky and asked if there was a discount for cash so saved another 10%!!

Cannot recommend Dr Goodall at Southampton enough :D Excellent and great with kids.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm#d

Forms for medicals are available online - 160 & 26

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/health.html

If you are completing your visa application online you will be able to log in and download the medical forms with your details completed once you have a TR number.

Lisa :D

I live in the Midlands so theres only really 2 surgerys.

One quote came in at £548 for 2 adults & 2 children. I am ringing the Birmingham option next week, will let you know!

I think £548 is reasonable - does anyone agree / disagree? This surgury is 15mins from where I live so if its a good price then I won't shop around. If anyone thinks not let me know please. Thanks.

Angela

Guest dglamoore

We live in Devon where most of the medicals came out at £600 for 2 adults and one child (age 4).

We travelled to Southampton and paid £64 each for xrays and £350 for the 3 medicals (10% off for cash :D ) which totalled £478 so the money we saved paid for a night in hotel with breakfast, dinner out and getting there :D

We saw Dr Goodall who comes from Australia and was great with Dawn :D

For 2 adults and 2 kids plus being so close so no travelling yours looks a good price Angela for meds and xrays.

Lisa

Hiya Lisa

Thanks for this.

Will ring Birmingham docs Tues - but I think you are right, the price in Nottm is reasonable. I have emailed them again to double-check no more bloods are required & only the 2 tests - they are £22 each per person so it would soon mount up if they said we needed more than 2 :!:

Regards

Angela

ps meeting Gina Monday (1st time) - very excited!!

Guest dglamoore

Hi Angela

Forgot our price included 1 extra blood test each due to tattoos as well. Does your price include the x-rays as well? Our total price above includes the x-rays but we did have to go to a seperate place to have them done.

Lisa

Hiya

This is the email they sent me:

Adult medicals x 2 £170

Child medicals x 2 £130

Chest Xrays x2 £160

Blood tests x 2 £ 44 - you may need more blood tests depending on occupation etc

So yes xrays look like they have been included.

Lisa, forgot to say your website Adelaidebound is great for suburb details. Me & Ash looked through it most of yesterday. What do you think about Para Hills? Ash met someone recently whose just come back & they said its full of Brits a great place to live.

What do you think :?:

Angela :)

Hi Angela and Lisa,

Hi you guys,you have had me going through my files wondering what i paid for my meds its that long ago id forgotten.

4 x X-rays 160 pound

4 x Medicals 300 pound

2 x blood test 5o pound

1 x postage and packaging 15 pound.

SOrry my pound sign wont work, when i told my own doctor what i had paid he could not believe it and said it might be worth looking in to as he was looking to retire early :lol: :lol:

just thought id let you know then you can compare.

bye for now Hayls, :D

Hi Angela

I rang a place in brum' the other day and was quoted £100 for adults and £50 for kids, blood test and xrays on top...............cardiff was £140adults and £80 kids and Gloucester was £125 adults and £75 kids........so really varies

Have only been quoted from gloucester for xrays and bloods which was £75 and £35 each............so definitely ring around. But so far Birmingham was cheapest.

Have booked in for mid jan - gotta lose weight over xmas :shock: ....yeah, right.

sarah

x

Hi Sarah

Thanks for this. Need to join you on the weight front - depressing isn't it!! :oops:

Not had chance to ring B/Ham yet, was going to do so tomorrow. Did get email back from Nottm docs to confirm £548 total because extra blood for tattoos plus postage £15 to Sydney or £8 to London - does anyone know where they would be sent, I think Sydney but I am not sure why :?: :?:

Guest dglamoore

Hi Angela

The meds go to Sydney as that is where the processing centre is. Don't know where is Sydney but your doctor will :D

Ours were posted on 22/11 but don't know if they made it yet as can only track within uk so just says they are on their way to oz :shock:

This waiting game does not get any easier :(

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Thanks for that. I did think Sydney from you meds update, but the email from them did not confirm.

FORGOT to ring B/Ham today :roll: I'm at work Weds - Fri inc, so will have to wait now til next week.

I know what you mean about the wait...... :!: 27 days since processing the sponsorship & 22 days since docs were received in SA. :!:

PLEASE PLEASE before Xmas, my OH is 38 on Friday maybe we may get that call then :?

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to update this thread, I did ring B/Ham.

Meds at Selly Park were cheaper than Notts around £429.50 BUT I could not get an appt until after 10th Jan & also the bloods & xrays had to be taken a week before the Meds at the local Priory hospital.

Ashley said he would lose 2 days off work plus travelling to & fro from B/Ham was not worth it . :!:

More importantly it left it a bit tight to get everything sorted by the 12th Feb, as per the COs letter.

SO as you can see from my signature we booked meds in Nottm for 9th Jan. We will have to wait a few days for the bloods / xray results, so if all ok the doc should be able to give us the ' ok '.

Merry Xmas

Angela :D