Citizenship test done

sueoc

Today my family sat the citizenship test we will become citizens after the citizenship ceremony in a few months. We have been in Australia for 5 years and have settled well we live in the lovely beachside suburb of Moana and have got used to the 30 min drive to work , our sons are happy working in the construction industry and now living in their rental house in Hallet Cove, We have two sons living in Brisbane and Sydney.

Our two youngest boys were not happy with the move to Australia and struggled for a while, today they told me that getting Citizenship was the best thing that has happened to them. They have thanked us for giving them choices in life to live here or the UK , to see how happy they were today has made it all worth while. We have always believed moving here was the right thing for our sons and as parents we feel proud to have achieved our goal of duel citizenship for our boys.

Hope others reading this post are able to work through the hard times to reach their goal of providing a happy life for their children and giving them every opportunity for a better brighter future.:smile:

Sue x

Yes remember you. I was there for a while, random selection for full interview and checks ....must look a bit dodgy or maybe just cos I am from Liverpool, hope to see you on the big day, it's really exciting can't wait. And congratulations again it really is a big deal to get this far in our journey, x

Well done. How was the citizenship test? I'm going to be applying to do it in a couple of month. :-D
Hi Blossom,

i found it to be much easier than i expected to be honest.20 questions ,each one with 3 possible answers.Most were fairly obvious,only struggled a bit with about 3.You need to get 15 correct,or 75%.The only one i got wrong was The name of the Australian National Anthem.They give you 45 minutes to answer the Questions,doubt i was in there more than 5 minutes.I think you can have more than one attempt too!There are good practice runs online for free,including Youtube,and also i phoned DIAC last month for their informative booklet and practice test,which they sent out free of charge.Don't worry,and best of luck to you and everyone else who is to do this!:smile:

Luvverly,many congratulations!!! Hope all the moderators congratulate you as you are one of our "older posters":notworthy::notworthy:

I seem to be the only one about so far. Others are moving, on holidays or just AWOL. No being naughty though. ;-)

You can apply for citizenship after four years in the country, the last year has to have been as a pr. I will have been here nearly six when I can apply, but only been pr since November. :-)

That's great news Sue and Billy, we also are now citizens - had our ceremony on Australia Day, it was a fab day. So glad your boys are all happy now.

Cath and Allen

xx

Thanks Catherine and Allen,:smile:So pleased for you two!W'ell try to catch up with you's soon.All the best,Sue and Billy.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

There is a citizenship ceremony taking place down Moana Surf Club I think it is December 2013 maybe you might be able to go to that one?

All the best Janine

Wonder if we might get called up for that one. When is it Janine? :smile: