Am I eligible for a visa ?? Want to emigrate to adelaide !!

Guest Aldo12

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, and am looking for some help, I'm 33 and looking to come over on a 189, 190 visa if possible, I'm a little confused about the points system as I would have to score 20 points in the English test, how realistic is this ? I have had a quick look at the mock tests and they look difficult and if I don't get full points I won't get to 60 and therefore pointless proceeding as my husbands job is not on the skilled list. He is a driver in the haulage company.

Also I was looking to complete the visa application myself, if I don't get the points I need would I be better to go through an agent as on the visa wizard it states that there are more visas not on there ?

Also it seems as though I have years of experience, because I don't have a degree this is also going to hinder me. I do have an NVQ level 3 in management, however I don't think this is recognised either !!

Also I have an aunt, and cousins in adelaide however this does not seem to make a difference and they cannot sponsor me, I am unsure why

I would appreciate any help, thanks

Guest sithewindows

Talk to Miklos Rakos on Bobinoz.com. He managed to get me a visa and he is straight talking guy. The other company I used wasted £2000 deposit and 15 months of our lives. Then told me at 48 it would be a problem to get us in, I was 46 when they started!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, and am looking for some help, I'm 33 and looking to come over on a 189, 190 visa if possible, I'm a little confused about the points system as I would have to score 20 points in the English test, how realistic is this ? I have had a quick look at the mock tests and they look difficult and if I don't get full points I won't get to 60 and therefore pointless proceeding as my husbands job is not on the skilled list. He is a driver in the haulage company.

Also I was looking to complete the visa application myself, if I don't get the points I need would I be better to go through an agent as on the visa wizard it states that there are more visas not on there ?

Also it seems as though I have years of experience, because I don't have a degree this is also going to hinder me. I do have an NVQ level 3 in management, however I don't think this is recognised either !!

Also I have an aunt, and cousins in adelaide however this does not seem to make a difference and they cannot sponsor me, I am unsure why

I would appreciate any help, thanks

Why not?

Run your case past a registered migration agent. If you clearly cannot qualify you could expect to be advised why without paying a fee.

Thanks, I've looked for this guy, however you have to pay $100 for them to recommend a visa and chances to quality

Thanks, I've looked for this guy, however you have to pay $100 for them to recommend a visa and chances to quality

According to statistics, it cost's between $5000 and $10000 to emigrate to Australia, depending on Visa, family numbers, IELTS, Skill Assessment etc. Even with sponsorship, you are looking at the middle of the range. I'd say a hundred bucks is a good price to pay for the information a Migration Agent will give you.

Hi Aldo,

I can recommend Go Matilda, they offer a free consultation and will advise you on your points and visa options.

They were very helpful, and will at least be able to point you in the right direction if you chose not to use their services.

Thanks everyone, yeah your right the money is minimal to find out.

i have contacted go Matilda yesterday s hopefully they will be in touch soon !

hanks again

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Hi

I'm applying for a 189 visa.

you could look out for seminars going off such as "down under live" or "Thames migration" they have RMA's and other companies there to give advise and rough costing's, and they will look at the points system. They also usually have reps from SA and WA to give you info of areas. They cost £10 to attend but well worth it. We went to both of the above and employed a RMA from attending these. Not had any issues or bad advise and everything so far has gone smoothly. We hope to get our visa Dec this year, we started the process January.

As for the IELTS the key is to practice as much as you can. Also you can have pay per hour Skype sessions with IELTS examiners. If you are really struggling I'd recommend this as they tell you exactly how to approach the tests. They also send you out other tests practice papers. The online 30 hours free tuition provided when you pay have very limited resources and you get to remember the answers. I took 3 tests in total but one I appealed and that came back positive, so didn't really need to take the third. If you do go for the IELTS I'd go for a venue that doesn't have lots of applicants, some can hold over 200 people!!!! If you want any more info PM me.

If you go for 457 depending what area you are wanting to work in you may still have to take the IELTS. I know a cardio surgeon that was on the same test as me had to get 7's in his IELTS even though he had a job out there on a 457. As far as I am aware all Health/medical related work you have to have the IELTS.

Edited by Rachael M Bowen

According to statistics, it cost's between $5000 and $10000 to emigrate to Australia, depending on Visa, family numbers, IELTS, Skill Assessment etc. Even with sponsorship, you are looking at the middle of the range. I'd say a hundred bucks is a good price to pay for the information a Migration Agent will give you.

I'd say I've spent about $10k on the process before you even factor in removals, fees for house sale etc. Our total expenditure on the move will be almost $19k, and we only used an agent for the initial advisory part of the process.

It's $100 well spent imo.

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Yep It sure isn't a cheap process but if you want it bad enough you'll pay.....usually people making this commitment are looking at the bigger picture. I've even sold some of my SHOES on e-bay to put in the Adelaide pot!!!!!!! :sad: still break out in cold sweats just thinking about it!!!!!!!

If you are migrating to Adelaide, you should possibly be using an Adelaide based RMA. Brian Jones of McKenzie Migration Services at 250 South Road, worked in DIAC for years before becoming a registered MA. He will also provide a free initial assement of your chances of obtaining a visa. Wherever you go, be it corporate migration companies, Downunder Live shows or Bert Smith on the corner, one thing is for sure - they are ALL in business to make money and at some stage, they will charge you for their services. If you are considering migrating to Oz, you really need to consider how much you are prepared to pay to get your new life? I was fortunate, because I was a "10 pound POM" but those days are long gone. If you're quibbling about whether spending $1k, $2k, $5k, even $10k before even getting to flights and furniture removals, then perhaps you need to re-think your strategy and prospects.