475 Regional Sponsored Visa

RJECSAUNDERS

Hello

Can anyone shed some light on how long the application process for this visa is likely to take. We have applied to SA immi, who have told us about 4-6 weeks to get their approval, then we can apply for the visa - and just wondered how long this process would take.

Also, if anyone can let us know how long we then have to validate the visa - fingers crossed we get it - that would be great.

We are just tryign to get our head around plans for the next 6 months and didn't know if the 475 visas came through quicker or slower than others.

Guest jill wright

Hi

we too are going on this visa just lodged actual visa application on line last night, got s a sponsorship in January but I read it that it was ok to apply within 6 months from receiving sponsorship so we should be ok. S a approval took four weeks (not long at all). Time scale quoted for 475 visa is 7 months but I saw a post on here where someone applied in January for this visa and got it this month. Wonder whether its quicker if your skill is on modl list. Phils is so hope its the case. we are putting house up at end of month , hopefully it will sell quick but the present climate not good is it for house sales.

Good luck

Jill

Guest Lulujim

Hi Jill,

We are going on a 475 visa too. My OHs job isn't on the MODL list - I hope this doesn't mean it's going to take ages :huh:

We have used an agent who has quoted similar time guidelines to you - 4/5 months for a CO to be assigned and then if meds are front-loaded it may take 5/6 months to get visa through - and if you wait for the meds & checks to be requested it is likely to take 7/8 months.

We are in such a hurry to get there we are front-loading our meds (having them done in July when had the baby) - as don't have a house to sell, so as soon as they come through - we're off!!!! We would love to get there for Xmas, but am not sure if this is realistic or not??

Fingers crossed they are catching up on the backlog and we'll all be there to make the most of the Aussie Summer!

Thank you for your replies - I though that was about the timescale, but I guess I was hoping it may be quicker!!

My OH'sjob not on MODL either, but you never know, fingers crossed we may hear before the end of the year - we would love to be out there late December, early Jan. We are probably going to sell our house before we hear, as we are pretty much decided that if we do not get the visa then we will look at moving anyway, so at least house sale should be sorted before we go.

Thanks again x

Guest Martin and Val

Hi,

We are going on the same Visa. At present we are still waiting on a case officer! They are moving forward by 2 days per week at the moment!! We are currently 9 days away from allocation so at this rate it will be another 4-5 weeks before we get a case officer.

Agent says a Visa should follow about 8 weeks after the case officer sometimes sooner.

We also front loaded our Medicals and Police Checks so once they finally pick up our file they won't need anything else, hopefully.

You must activate the Visa within one year of receiving it but remember you must be in OZ one year from the date you had your medicals or police checks, which ever is the sooner.

Good luck and take a look at our time line below.

Guest jill wright
Hi Jill,

We are going on a 475 visa too. My OHs job isn't on the MODL list - I hope this doesn't mean it's going to take ages :huh:

Hi I'm not sure it makes a difference just a thought I had. :D

Anyway we're all on a similiar timescale which is good might all get out there at same time although Martin and Val you don't seem so far off yours fingers crossed eh!

Good luck everyone

Jill

Guest Martin and Val

Jill,

We have everything crossed fingers, toes and just about anything that can be crossed we've crossed it!!

Biggest thing is the house sale. We put it on the market just over a week ago and have our second viewing this Saturday. At least the person viewing has sold this time unlike the first viewer.

Keeping all things crossed.

Cheers

Guest jill wright

The best of look for the viewing on Saturday sounds promising . We're taking a gamble and putting ours straight up for sale even though application just lodged . If we sell and don't get the visa well there you are its a catch 22 scenario isn't it wait for visa , get it and get stressed out trying to sell or hopefully sell straight away and hope everything goes ok visa /medical wise.

Best of look you two

Jillx

Guys,

Have a look at our signature (ignoring the bits that don't apply to you). It should give you some idea of how long the SIR visas take. We were one of the last to come though on the 495 (now the 475) visa, as it took us so long, but I don't believe much has changed (correct me if I'm wrong).

If the situation has remained the same, the SIR visas are processed as priority visas, along with applications for jobs on the MODL - if you have both, it can't hurt but I doubt it would making it faster than the 475 already should be.

Justin.

Guest paul_smart

Hi, I'm going on the 175 visa, it takes longer for all the stuff to be prepared before I get the visa but I can sit on the visa for a year before I have to activate it, maybe the 475 is the same.

The 495/475 works a bit differently, again unless things have changed.

Once granted, you have a small window of time before you have to at least activate the visa, by entering the country. The SIR visa is only granted for a 3 year period anyway so they want you to get there as soon as possible.

J.

Guest Martin and Val

We have been informed that once the 475 Visa is granted we have one year to activate it, but we must be in Oz within one year of the Medicals and Police checks which ever comes first.

As it stands at the moment we have to be there by Jan 15th 2009 as that is one year from the Medicals and we still don't have a case officer! :realmad:

The processing/allocation time to a case officer for a 475 has not moved since 1st April and even then it only went forward by 2 days! :realmad: They are currently processing up to 10th November 2007 e-lodged applications so we are just 9 days away or maybe 9 months at this rate!! :arghh:

Oh well it may take that long to sell the house, fingers crossed for the viewing at 2pm today.

Good luck to those also waiting, waiting, waiting and waiting.......:SLEEP: