Medicals on a 457?

Guest blue

Hi

I was just wondering what the situation is with medicals on a 457. We are a family of four- 2 Dad's and 2 kids (1.5 and 3). I am a Dr so I know I need one, but what about my other half and our kids?

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi!.....don't quote me but I think it depends on what work you husband will be doing and if the children will be in nursury/school/day care etc......someone will be along soon that knows for definate....good luck!

I came over on a 457 visa and non of us (2 adults, 3 yr and 6yr old) had to have any medicals. The only medicals we had were for the PR application and they were quite brief. Young kids just get their weight and height checked and maybe a quick eye test. My wife is a vet and I recall she had to complete a more detailed medical questionnaire just in case she had been in contact with some scanky diseases - which seemed odd as we had been in Australia for 6 months before we applied for PR !