Trying to get sister out as a carer

Guest Taza

Hi, Has anyone tried to get a family member out on a carers visa or something. Im in Adelaide & look after my elderly mum fulltime and work fulltime, so very exhausted. My sister lives in UK and used to live here in Australia for 10 years with her English husband for 10 years he was also from UK, they went back to live in UK as he didnt want to live here any longer and just after there 3 years out of the country he died from cancer and as she hadnt taken out her citizenship & was only a permanent resident she could not get back in (we did waste a lot of time and years with someone helping who had no idea and she gave up) she did remarry. Does anyone know how I can get her out as I really need help with our elderly mother before I collapse and she would still like to come out to live. She is now 60 yrs old. Can anyone help who has been in this situation. Thank you

Sorry to hear your situation, sorry but I am unable to help you as far as getting your sister over goes, I do know that her age will probably be a problem and she would need a lot of finance behind her to come at her age, such a shame she never took out citizenship it must be very hard for you what area are you living? I am a fully qualified carer and may be able to help you in that regard?? just depends where you are can you pm me as I cannot private message you ??

Thank you for your reply Kadina :) I know it may be hard but I have heard of someone that was able to do it and they told me to try and to post on here, so thought would give it a go. I am also an Aged Care worker only for the past 3 months as needed a job with more flexibility to look after mum and all her appointments. So thank you for your help, we are in Hallett Cove and I do manage, its just I need my sister out to also help me as I see mum everyday as she has noone else :( Hopefully someone will know of something. Your very kind & sweet thanks for replying x

Do not know if it will be of use to you but it can be quick stop-gap. Check out what you can do on the holidy visa they are valid for 1 year with a 3 month max stay on any visit with-in that year, I believe that you can get an extention to the 3 month max stay or you could just get a cheap return to NZ after the 3 months and you get another 3 months.

Wishing you well and good luck

Keith

Has your sister returned since she left on a Holiday Visa?

If not then there might be a chance of a RRV. some people have managed to get one years after they left Australia .But only if they had not been back and used another Visa.As using another visa cancels out the first one.

Edited by SWMBO

OP, a RRV may be a possibility. Do as WRussell has suggested and contact a reputable migration agent to discuss.

The sad facts are:

no matter how strong the case is a first instance visa refusal can be expected

it can take a very long time for a decision on carer visa application

in the last one I lodged, the sponsor died of old age during the process and I had to advise my client to withdraw her application - no sponsor means no visa - and you do your dough

Thanks everyone its lovely of you all to reply, I will pass on the information to her. She flies back to Dorset UK this Sunday :( Its just a co-worker mentioned her neighbour got his sister out from overseas to look after him as a carer and she was 62 yrs old and his other sister was a nurse who lived in the house next door. She has told me not to give up. Anyone know of a good Migration Agent? the one that helped the friend of a friend has just retired. Thanks T :) x

Thanks everyone its lovely of you all to reply, I will pass on the information to her. She flies back to Dorset UK this Sunday :( Its just a co-worker mentioned her neighbour got his sister out from overseas to look after him as a carer and she was 62 yrs old and his other sister was a nurse who lived in the house next door. She has told me not to give up. Anyone know of a good Migration Agent? the one that helped the friend of a friend has just retired. Thanks T :) x

It is possible to apply for a carer visa onshore. You have left it too late this time. If you want me to have a look at the case, send an email to: visa@pinoyau.com