enquiry about medical check

Guest SNK

Hi !

I am now processing for 190 visa with SA state sponsorship which I got 3 weeks ago.

I need to know whether I should go through medical check-up for all non-migrating-dependent family members or just with migrating ones only.

Advance thanks for anyone's help.

Hi !

I am now processing for 190 visa with SA state sponsorship which I got 3 weeks ago.

I need to know whether I should go through medical check-up for all non-migrating-dependent family members or just with migrating ones only.

Advance thanks for anyone's help.

Hi

Only the ones migrating with you need to have a medical. You will need to wait till almost the end of the process before you can go for your medical.

Good luck

Kathy

Guest MandiMR2

It depends who you mean by non-migrating family members, if they are yours or your partners children & aged under 18, then they are still required to have a medical. As mentioned above wait to do them too, wait until you have case officer & they advise you to go for them, as when your visas are issued you only have 1 year from the date of the medicals or police checks (whichever is earliest) to make your 1st entry & validate them, not from date of visa issue. Does that make sense?

Best of luck, Mandi x

It depends who you mean by non-migrating family members, if they are yours or your partners children & aged under 18, then they are still required to have a medical. As mentioned above wait to do them too, wait until you have case officer & they advise you to go for them, as when your visas are issued you only have 1 year from the date of the medicals or police checks (whichever is earliest) to make your 1st entry & validate them, not from date of visa issue. Does that make sense?

Best of luck, Mandi x

Thank you Kathy and Mandi X

I mean my parents and my child with my previous partner as non-migrating dependent family members as they financially depend on me. I am migrating just with my present partner.

From the response of Mandi X, I have understood that my child (3.5 years old) will need to go through medical checking though he is not migrating with us.

But due to some reasons, my previous partner ( his mother) is not helping me to do so. In that case, should I omit him (my child) from the application as I am not so sure to make an arrangement of his medical with the response of CO. But I want to keep him in application as a non-migrating family member so that he might choose Australia more easily as his destination in future.

Regarding this situation I need your advice. Should I keep him or omit him from application to ensure smooth processing of visa application with CO.

best regards, SNK

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
Thank you Kathy and Mandi X

I mean my parents and my child with my previous partner as non-migrating dependent family members as they financially depend on me. I am migrating just with my present partner.

From the response of Mandi X, I have understood that my child (3.5 years old) will need to go through medical checking though he is not migrating with us.

But due to some reasons, my previous partner ( his mother) is not helping me to do so. In that case, should I omit him (my child) from the application as I am not so sure to make an arrangement of his medical with the response of CO. But I want to keep him in application as a non-migrating family member so that he might choose Australia more easily as his destination in future.

Regarding this situation I need your advice. Should I keep him or omit him from application to ensure smooth processing of visa application with CO.

best regards, SNK

You can't just omit your son from the application to make it go more smoothly! He is what he is - a non migrating dependent - and failing to include him on your application as that would lead to you making false claims to DIAC which you really don't want to do!

If your parents are listed as dependents too then as far as I am aware they will have to do the medicals as well...

Edited by Mrs Bon Jovi