medicals and PCs with no CO

Nicky

Just a quick question to all you guys who have had medicals/pcs without having a CO first. How does that work? Are your medicals given to you once they've been done and then you forward them onto your CO when one has been assigned? If they are not given to you what happens to them, where do they go? Is there a possility they may get lost in the system whilst they are waiting in that limbo state? We've been waiting 4 months now to get a CO and just wondering whether it's worth getting our meds/pcs done in preparation to try and speed things up a bit.

Any comments??

Nicky

Guest mOZzy

you could either ask your doctor to hold on to them (if they do that, not all do) - and wait for you to pass on your file reference number

or

just get them sent off with your passport numbers on it - we did that and there was no problem what so ever :cute:

either way you won't get the medicals in your hand -they'll stay with your doc!

good luck ;)

Guest Django

If you have lodged your visa you should have a TRN number. This is put on your medical forms and sent to Sydney by the doctors. You never get to see them. Once Sydney is happy then they are forwarded on to meet up with your visa application and sit there waiting for a CO to appear.

Have you lodged online? if so PCs are a doddle as well get them done and attach them to the application. If not I would get them done and wait for a CO and then email them to them the same day.

Pete

We've used an agent for our application not on-line. Can I still get my PCs done on-line then? My agent has advised us to wait for a CO before meds but after your replies you've put my mind at rest a bit; as you said what with passport numbers and/or a TRN number surely there shouldn't be a problem. Perhaps I'll carry on and make appointments for about a months time and hopefully we'll have a CO by then (!?!!). I just want to be doing something proactive.

Guest Django

You can save some money on your PCs. If you wait for a CO you may be tempted to spend more money to get them done quickly. By doing them before you get a CO you can pay the minimum and get them back in around a month.

Pete

Guest dunnarunna

we frontloaded our medicals, doctor posted them off, they were tied up to our application via the passport numbers, we didnt get a case officer just an email to say we had visas, but this was a year ago back in the old days before online applications

donna

we frontloaded our medicals, doctor posted them off, they were tied up to our application via the passport numbers, we didnt get a case officer just an email to say we had visas, but this was a year ago back in the old days before online applications

donna

Yours came through quickyly, looking at your timescale! That'd be great if we managed to get our visa without a CO but as you said things have changed a bit now. Then again, who knows, with such a backlog ..... yeah right, I know, just wishful thinking.

Guest Rachel1477

We used an agent too bit hey submitted the application online.

We have decided to front load everything before getting a case officer - agent said it was entirely our choice. WE just couldn't wait!

Rachel

Guest Lulujim
You can save some money on your PCs. If you wait for a CO you may be tempted to spend more money to get them done quickly. By doing them before you get a CO you can pay the minimum and get them back in around a month.

Pete

Hi Pete, We are front-loading our medicals (looking at people's time scales) as have them booked for July 7th, and have only just applied for visa. We have used an agent who submitted our visa application online - what's the best thing to do about police checks? Can we email these online - or do they have to be posted? What is the usual wait for them to come back - Is it a straight forward form??

Many thanks,

Alexis

Guest Django
Hi Pete, We are front-loading our medicals (looking at people's time scales) as have them booked for July 7th, and have only just applied for visa. We have used an agent who submitted our visa application online - what's the best thing to do about police checks? Can we email these online - or do they have to be posted? What is the usual wait for them to come back - Is it a straight forward form??

Hi Alexis,

The police checks can be scanned and uploaded along with the rest of your supporting documents. Have you got your TRN number? I dunno if your agent gives you this along with the password. You may need to give it to your agent to do.

If you have done (or doing) you meds then I would say get your PCs done as it would be no problem timewise. The form and info can be found at http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Hope this helps.

Pete

Guest Lulujim

Thanks so much Pete, you're a star - so (prob being very blonde here) - the meds have to be posted though don't they? we have got a TRN number - what other supporting docs do we have left to send? sorry - my agent shd be doing this - we're paying them enough!!! x

Guest Django
Thanks so much Pete, you're a star - so (prob being very blonde here) - the meds have to be posted though don't they? we have got a TRN number - what other supporting docs do we have left to send? sorry - my agent shd be doing this - we're paying them enough!!! x

The meds will be posted by the doctors. You never get to see them so thats one les hassle. The other supporting documents are things like passports and your skill assessment, etc. These should already been done by your agent.

Pete