Moving from 1 state to another

Bal67

What happens once you arrive in a state in Australia and realise you have better job opportunities etc in another state how easy is it to move to another state on a 489 provisional visa and is it all legal and wont impact on your PR in 2 years time. Does anyone know the answer or know someone who has been through it.

Many thanks

What happens once you arrive in a state in Australia and realise you have better job opportunities etc in another state how easy is it to move to another state on a 489 provisional visa and is it all legal and wont impact on your PR in 2 years time. Does anyone know the answer or know someone who has been through it.

Many thanks

Unless the law has changed, which I doubt, you have no problems.

I know quite a few who have done this.

Cheers,

Cooler

I think you're supposed to and explain why you want to move interstate but in the end it is up to you and as far as I'm aware there's no legal obligation to your sponsoring state. As for the reports, they are on an online thing and I'd assume if you moved out of SA you'd just fill it in when it came and tell them where you are and what you're doing.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

I know they say it is a moral obligation only for the state sponsored permanent visa but I would be very very careful if you are only on a temporary/provisional visa. There could be repercussions when it comes to applying for your permanent residency if you haven't fulfilled the requirements.

Yes Mrs Bon Jovi, we would not do anything to jeopardise our Visa, we would ask the question first and get permission from whoever we needed before we did anything, as the time and money and hoops and hurdles we have already gone through to get to this stage, I would not risk it and plus we have 2 children's education to think of and would not want to keep moving them.

This is just a wrost case scenario question I have not heard anyone say anything negative about SA anyway, its just the fact that when we to Perth on our Reccies it just ticked all the boxes for us and we did not think Hubby's job would get taken off skills list had we known before our visit we would have had a week or so in Adelaide to.

All replies much appreciated.

Bal.

Ok, everyone I know (to my knowledge) were not on State Provisional visas. The website says "Provisional visa holders must live and work in a “regional” area (as classified by DIBP) of Australia. The whole of South Australia is classed as “regional”, including Adelaide for the purposes of state nominated General Skilled Migration (GSM)."

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/175

That would suggest that you have to remain in SA. I would check with a decent agent as they will tell you. Remember, DIAC or whatever they are now called will not be held to anything they tell you.

Cheers,

Cooler