489 Application Approved

Bal67

• 2 weeks later...
2 years and you can qualify for residency and do what you like. All the best with all your planning and as I said I'm sure you'll love it here!

That's not completely right what you've written! Not only does the 2 years 'waiting period' apply, moreover people on that visa need one year full-time work!

2 years is the easiest part, but depending on the occupation, people in Adelaide don't get a full-time job (there a several threads here).

Please be very careful when you offer advice, otherwise it will lead to frustration.

I have a friend who cannot apply for PR, because she couldn't find a fulltime job, therefore her PR is delayed about 6 months. Of course, she must not loose her 2 jobs (she has 2 part-time jobs instead of 1 full time job, because there was no full time available).

Apart from this, congrats Bal67!

Hopefully, everything goes well for you.

Here's the correct link from www.immi.gov.au for the visa condition, I think Bal67 knows that.

'The purpose of this visa is to allow holders of certain provisional visas to apply for permanent residency.

To be granted this visa, you must have lived for at least two years and worked full time for a total period of 12 months in a Specified Regional Area of Australia before lodging your visa application.'

That's not completely right what you've written! Not only does the 2 years 'waiting period' apply, moreover people on that visa need one year full-time work!

2 years is the easiest part, but depending on the occupation, people in Adelaide don't get a full-time job (there a several threads here).

Please be very careful when you offer advice, otherwise it will lead to frustration.

I have a friend who cannot apply for PR, because she couldn't find a fulltime job, therefore her PR is delayed about 6 months. Of course, she must not loose her 2 jobs (she has 2 part-time jobs instead of 1 full time job, because there was no full time available).

Apart from this, congrats Bal67!

Hopefully, everything goes well for you.

Hi, yes I know you don't immediately qualify for residency after 2 years and there are other conditions you have to fulfill such as the work requirement. I assume the OP has looked into all of this and wasn't offering advise just giving my congratulations. You don't however require full time employment to fulfill the work requirement. I am currently on a 489 visa and you either need full time work or multiple part time jobs adding up to 35 hours a week for a total period of 12 months over the duration of the 4 year visa. It does not have to be consecutive or with the one employer

Hi Guys,

Our Agent is going to be submitting our visa appliation today she has been trying the last couple of days but the website keeps crashing, is anyone else having any problems and does anyone know how long we are looking at to get our Visa from this week onwards?

Thanks

Bal.