When to do Medicals and Police Checks????

Bal67

Hi Guys,

Just wondering as we have submitted our visa application last week is it best to wait for a case officer to ask for Medicals and Police Checks or should we get them done now??

I know that your visa date starts from Medicals or Police Checks what ever comes first but we are hoping to be out there as soon as we possibly can and don't think we will still here until next November anyway!!!

All advice will be much appreciated.

Bal

Guest AliinAus

There's always a little risk with front loading medicals, as you say the validation time becomes much shorter, but if you've sold your house etc., and have no hold ups it's up to you. Personally, (and it is just personal), I waited for the request, because then I knew that the visa application itself was ok and had 'passed' scrutiny so to speak and that the medicals were the last stage.

Hi There

For those of you who have done your police checks, was there a lot to do or was it just a matter of filling in a form? does every one on application have to have one, have two small children, trying to be one step ahead of game, awaiting to hear about state sponsorship and invite, week 5 now, frustrating! x

Caz and Ian - application form was simple IMHO. Took about 10-14 days for the check to come back in the post (at least for me on my visa type).

Afaik, everyone in the application over 16 needs one but hopefully someone else will be along to comment on that. It probably does say on the immi site under your visa type.

Edited by snifter
corrected autocorrect typo

Caz and Ian - Yes, endorsed but the list of who is acceptable is far longer and so gives more choice. And yes the form was a few pages long but none of it was rocket science or anything :) Just addresses lived at, proof of residence for last 6 months or something.

All the info about them is here, plus the application forms can be downloaded. Was really straightforward and if you know you've no convictions, cautions or the like you have no real reason to worry.

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx