November Visa Lodge Gang

Ashleigh

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyBug

Ashleigh, congrats! We got our invitation this week and will be joining November Visa Lodge Gang next week. :cool:

Wow! Now that I have written that down, it sounds even more real. I'm still so excited and cannot believe that this is going to be our last winter here.

Of course!!!!!

its exciting isn't it ladybug!

we have just had an email from our agent confirming our application has been submitted and with a receipt! I'm so giddy!!!

Were going to wait for our medicals until they get requested but were thinking about sending off for our police checks as soon as really as my partner needs one from aus too

as he has lived there in the last 10 years! Xx

Guest TheBirdsIOM

Hi

Can we join the gang too :0)

We received our invitation today yipppeeeeeee, 5 weeks after submitting EOI, SA Application also now approved.

190 Visa Application being lodged on Monday, booking medicals for 30th Dec in London as soon as HAP ID number received.

Hopefully Visa by March and then up up and awayyyyyyyyy.............for 30 odd hours.....with 2 kids.....going are we there yet every 5 minutes ! lol

Cant wait :0)

We have a little girl who has just turned 2 ThebirdsIOM and i'm not looking forward to the flight lol.

Congrats everyone, hopefully we will all get granted our visas round about the same time :-) We sent off for my partners Aussie police check last night, going to do our UK ones next week!

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't believe all the paperwork etc we had to

fill in! Yes we're on the 190 under my partners bricklaying

occupation. Are you?

Tell me about it, feel like I've neglected the wedding plans with all the visa stuff but now it's submitted and out

of the way (for now anyway) we can concentrate some more on it.

Have you submitted yet? X

Hi Ashleigh

yes we lodged our visa yesterday, its official!, going on a 190 on my skill as a nurse, although hubby is a joiner, just sorting police checks out now and we have booked our medicals with our TRN number for December as we are moving out Jan 6th so want to get as much done before we move. Are you waiting for a case officer to do your medicals? do you have property to sell? Its all getting a bit stressful here. At least you can concentrate on your wedding now, lovely, We booked and planned ours in 3 months whilst waiting for my skills assessment to be approved as I knew I could do no more for this process at that point. Take it easy

Caz X

Hi,

We (agent) lodged visa (457) on 12.11.13. Have a job offer from company in Melbourne, though I will be based in Adelaide.

My partner only one needed to do medical (due to breast cancer 2011, but clear now) which was completed on 18.11.13.

CO hasn't been assigned yet, so feel a little in limbo. Though aware the average time for a 457 is 3-6 weeks, still feels like a long way off.

going through the throws of planning everything, at the same time I haven't been able to tell my current job in case something doesn't work out, so not the best feeling in the world.

would be good to hear from anyone going through the 457 on current timescales etc (though know everyone is different).

trying to keep hold of the initial excitement, though not sure how I will cope if anything goes wrong.

Sean

Hi

we sent our expression of interest off on 4th nov and got a response on 4th! Visas being processed now, just waiting for go ahead to do medical and police check. House sold and looking for somewhere to rent till we go out at end of July. We have a 5 year old and 18 month old too, we went to oz with our 5 year old when she was 2 and flight was ok, I was worse lol. Agree with the stress but hopefully all worth it

Hi

we sent our expression of interest off on 4th nov and got a response on 4th! Visas being processed now, just waiting for go ahead to do medical and police check. House sold and looking for somewhere to rent till we go out at end of July. We have a 5 year old and 18 month old too, we went to oz with our 5 year old when she was 2 and flight was ok, I was worse lol. Agree with the stress but hopefully all worth it

That was superquick Daviesfamily! We waited around 6 weeks!!

I'm hoping to get a CO assigned before christmas, we submitted on the 8th Nov, but who knows! x

Hi Caz and Ian, we have sent our application police checks and meds for 190 visa. But this is no guarantee you get the visa, how do you know your moving out on such a specific date? Just curious because we haven't thought about booking flights etc until we get that confirmation e-mail.

Thank you

Calum

Hi All, Is it too late to join your gang?? Edward, Wife and Family (3 & 9mo) applied for our 190 Visa yesterday (the 29th Nov) so we are only just made the November gang :)

We're planning on moving out in May 14, so will really start focusing on packing etc. in the new year, hopefully about the same time as we (hopefully) will get our visa. This means we can be a bit more certain about making arrangements.

How did you all find your visa journey up to this point????

For me, the hardest bit was by far the skills assessment and my ACS RPL as a Network Administrator. Once this came back positive it seems as though everything has been moving so quickly and smoothly. We're using an agent so it's extremely comforting to know that all their expertise is behind the visa application. I can understand completely why many of us don't use an agent, but I know that in my case things would be very complicated with my work etc.

We got our invite on Tuesday morning after having had a worrying night. I checked the SNOL list for the availability of my code on Monday eve and it had changed that day from high availability to medium availability. I wasn't overly concerned as we had a few weeks of EOI behind us,but is was enough to be a bit of a distraction. The next morning I got an email from our agent saying that we had been accepted, so I guess my application may have contributed to the tipping point from high to medium availability.

I think that at the moment we are all looking to new experiences over the horizon but I am certainly sparing a thought for all those who are behind me in the visa process, especially those that are just sitting down to start their RPL's. I'm certain that if/when we got out to OZ i'll never pop up on a forum bemoaning the amount of new immigrants to my region. I will always try to remember that I was once one of those immigrants and that I got the chance so why shouldn't someone else. So I say all the very best of luck to those who applied in Nov 13 and the same best wishes to those that are sat behind us in the queue, waiting for their skills or just sitting down to IELTS etc.

I will always try to remember these days and the ups and downs of the visa process but I'm extremely glad and grateful to be finally entering the home straight on this visa rollercoaster.

Edward

Hi Calum, you may have misread my post,we move out of our house Jan 6th into a rental in the uk until march time them hoping visa comes in meantime. There are no guarentees in this game,I know we are just being positive, and we sold our house in two weeks, much quicker than expected, so had to put some plans in place. I also will not be booking flights until confirmation email comes through

Caz X

Hi Caz, Yes were going on a 190, if all goes to plan hoping to fly out September/October time not long after the wedding! We booked our medicals today for 2nd Jan at Bridgewater Hospital in Manchester then fingers crossed booking the flights once our visa gets granted...I'm so impatient, just want everything to happen now! x

Hi Caz, Yes were going on a 190, if all goes to plan hoping to fly out September/October time not long after the wedding! We booked our medicals today for 2nd Jan at Bridgewater Hospital in Manchester then fingers crossed booking the flights once our visa gets granted...I'm so impatient, just want everything to happen now! x

We went to Bridgewater back in October for ours & they were brilliant, especially with the kids.

Had our visa granted a couple of werks later :)

Has anyone been allocated a CO yet? X

Have CO as they asked for birth certs for my lads with parent names on them. Will make a decision once received which should be tomorrow.

applied for a 457 on the 12th November, medical or partner on the 18th. Made first contact yesterday 9th with agent.

couldnt sleep last night as up at 3:30 re sending birth certs. If all well should be in Australia around 12th January!