Waiting, waiting, waiting! Refreshing my inbox!

tomamylancaster

We had our medicals on 28 October….so 15 days ago…& it is driving me bonkers! I am constantly refreshing my email inbox, checking for missed phone-calls or voice messages!!

:arghh:

Trying to tell myself to forget about it & then it'll come in no time! Not much chance of that happening though!!

Starting to wonder if something cropped up on one of our medicals now!! Eek!!

Guest holliepop

Hi,

We are in the sane position as you! We had our medicals on the 21st Oct- we haven't heard anything since- the doctor said at the time that everything was fine (obviously excluding bloods & x-ray as these would take a week to come back). Everything was forwarded to CO on 24th Oct (-medicals) & medicals should have been uploaded on the 28th Oct. We are using an agent and they haven't contacted us either! I have emailed them today to ask if they have any knowledge of timescales- I imagine that they think I am pestering them but we have paid them enough for that privelage so I will just carry on pestering! I'm sure of anything cropped up in medicals that you weren't aware of then the doctor would have a duty of care to notify you so you could proceed with treatment etc so don't worry about that!- No news is good news maybe?!

The doctor did say that they would be in touch if anything serious cropped up on the tests, so I'm hoping it's the no news, is good news & they're just backed up a bit!!

We're using an agent too, & I did think about emailing, but didn't want to seem like I was pestering them because they have kept in touch all the way along, where needed! I'll give it another week or so & then maybe drop them an email!

Glad to hear it's not just us waiting around though! It's torture!!

When are you thinking of heading over to Adelaide & whereabouts are you planning on going?

Hi,

We are in the sane position as you! We had our medicals on the 21st Oct- we haven't heard anything since- the doctor said at the time that everything was fine (obviously excluding bloods & x-ray as these would take a week to come back). Everything was forwarded to CO on 24th Oct (-medicals) & medicals should have been uploaded on the 28th Oct. We are using an agent and they haven't contacted us either! I have emailed them today to ask if they have any knowledge of timescales- I imagine that they think I am pestering them but we have paid them enough for that privelage so I will just carry on pestering! I'm sure of anything cropped up in medicals that you weren't aware of then the doctor would have a duty of care to notify you so you could proceed with treatment etc so don't worry about that!- No news is good news maybe?!

Guest holliepop

Well we are no hoping to be across around Februaryish! My sister lives wynn vale area so we will stay there initially but hoping to move to city for first couple of years so we can immerse ourselves in teh culture and stuff! My agent has emailed me back and said that basically they have a few other cases like ours and it could be that meds have been referred cos of medical history. The only reason this owuld happen is maybe because my OH asthma- hopefully it shouldn' t be too much of a hold up though! I officially hate waiting!

This last wait is almost the worst because you do start to wonder why andstart imagining all sorts to be wrong with one of you. For us it was mine that was last to be cleared, all of the others had their visas but mine didn't come through till the following day and that lat evening was just the worst, a real feeling of "we've got this far and it'll be my fault we can't go". the relief when it was a slight delay....

Good luck with that wait!

hey, we have received the golden email today!hooray! I am sure that you won't be far behind! so, so elated at the moment!xxxx

Hollie I think you must have been so excited when you updated your signature that you have put 15 October lol!!

Congratulations to you both xx

hey, we have received the golden email today!hooray! I am sure that you won't be far behind! so, so elated at the moment!xxxx

Excellent news holliepop! Congratulations!

We received our VISA GRANTED email this morning! Off to get the champers in!!

I am so excited! I honestly didn't think my excitement levels could get any higher! Turns out they can!!!!

Guest holliepop

I am so excited! I honestly didn't think my excitement levels could get any higher! Turns out they can!!!!

That is great news! We are still walking on air! Flights are booked for the 20th Feb! Have notified my work this morning- it was a great feeling!

When are you planning to go?

Fab news again today guys, makes the waiting a bit easier knowing people ahead of you are getting the visas!!

That is great news! We are still walking on air! Flights are booked for the 20th Feb! Have notified my work this morning- it was a great feeling!

When are you planning to go?

The plan was to go next summer for a visa validation trip. & then make the move 2015, but right this minute I just want to get there ASAP! So I guess we need to sit down & work it out properly! We have a house & business to sell, so a lot rides on those!

I used to love hearing people had got their visas, with a bit of jealousy thrown in there! I still can't believe it! All this work has paid off & now a new journey begins!

Where are you up to Bal67?

We are waiting for police checks to come back and meds booked for Dec and waiting for Case Officer, sounds like we have alot to wait for doesn't it, but hoping to be out there Februaryish as new school year starts!!

It does make you start looking at people's signatures and working out how long it took them to get their visa granted then you realise you are not really behind the timescale you have been told!!! But its hard to be patient when its your dream to move to Oz!!

We are waiting for police checks to come back and meds booked for Dec and waiting for Case Officer, sounds like we have alot to wait for doesn't it, but hoping to be out there Februaryish as new school year starts!!

It does make you start looking at people's signatures and working out how long it took them to get their visa granted then you realise you are not really behind the timescale you have been told!!! But its hard to be patient when its your dream to move to Oz!!

So hard to be patient!!

We had to wait 6 weeks for CO, so 2 & a half months from lodging to visa being granted! Be a nice Christmas present for you if you have a similar wait to us :)

Who you going with? Any kids?

So hard to be patient!!

We had to wait 6 weeks for CO, so 2 & a half months from lodging to visa being granted! Be a nice Christmas present for you if you have a similar wait to us :)

Who you going with? Any kids?

Hi we are a family of 4 me, Scott hubby 41 and daughter 16 and Son 13. Don't thing we will get our visa before Xmas more like February I would say!!

Who are you going with and do you have kids and where are you thinking of moving to? I like the look of Noarlunga, Seaford & Christies beach area.