first posting for migration admin answers...hopefully not the first of too many!!

dudleycat

Hi there,

We are looking to migrate to SA using my OH occupation which is a state sponsored profession (environmental consultant) and myself as the defacto partner (pharma sales manager). Looking at the mountain of admin confronting us (and baring in mind we are right at the start!:arghh:) we could do with some help and wondered if anyone would be happy to give us the benefit of their experience in going through the process. We would be ever so grateful.

My OH is self employed and so needs to compile enough evidence of clients/contracts etc and whilst he has a few of these, they do not cover all the years of his self employment. Has anyone else been in this boat and if so, how much information did people need to submit on this to Vetassess?

He has a statutory declaration to make and there seems to be 2 forms, one for the Commonwealth and one for SA state. Essentially they look like they are the same wording, but we are interested to know if they both need to be completed, or just one (and if so, which one)?

Looking at some of the things that need to be done (Vetassess, IELTS, medicals, EOI, State sponsored submission etc), has anyone found a practical/good order in which to complete these? ie, is it more appropriate to complete the Vetassess check signed off and approved first as state sponsorship isn't likely to happen without it?

On the SRG1 form to Vetassess there is the following question 'do you also require an advisory letter to support your claim for points in the GSM points test' What does this mean as there is an additional fee to pay.

Any help would be gratefully recieved

thank you so much for your time

All the best.

Hi there,

We are looking to migrate to SA using my OH occupation which is a state sponsored profession (environmental consultant) and myself as the defacto partner (pharma sales manager). Looking at the mountain of admin confronting us (and baring in mind we are right at the start!:arghh:) we could do with some help and wondered if anyone would be happy to give us the benefit of their experience in going through the process. We would be ever so grateful.

My OH is self employed and so needs to compile enough evidence of clients/contracts etc and whilst he has a few of these, they do not cover all the years of his self employment. Has anyone else been in this boat and if so, how much information did people need to submit on this to Vetassess?

He has a statutory declaration to make and there seems to be 2 forms, one for the Commonwealth and one for SA state. Essentially they look like they are the same wording, but we are interested to know if they both need to be completed, or just one (and if so, which one)?

Looking at some of the things that need to be done (Vetassess, IELTS, medicals, EOI, State sponsored submission etc), has anyone found a practical/good order in which to complete these? ie, is it more appropriate to complete the Vetassess check signed off and approved first as state sponsorship isn't likely to happen without it?

On the SRG1 form to Vetassess there is the following question 'do you also require an advisory letter to support your claim for points in the GSM points test' What does this mean as there is an additional fee to pay.

All the best.

Hi dudleycat,

The best advice I can give you is to get an agent as we were advised to do, as my hubby too is self employed and the agents don't charge a great deal in my eyes for the work they do for you and they know how much information is needed as they do it everday and I would be more than happy to give you details of the agents we are using for you to get a quote and you pay as you go along they tell you when they payments will are due i.e., Payment 1 on instruction, 2 on submitting Vetassess etc etc!!

It to me is a longwinded and complicated procedure on top of everything you have to deal with in a normal family life with work, children etc and I do not have alot of time spare at all and did not need added stress and whenever we have come across a stumbling block our agent has had all the right answers for us and more!!

Good luck.

Bal

Hi there,

All the best.

Hi

I agree with Bal, get an agent is the best advice we can give to.

Our agent did it all, we just signed the documents and he did everything else. Oh, apart from the IELTS that is, thats not as easy as we thought

so do some revision and buy a couple of IELTS English books to help you prepare.

Good luck

Jason

Hi Bel and Jason,

Thanks for the info. To be honest, we were going to try and save some money and do it ourselves, (no family distractions and im on a work sabbatical at the moment so i guess time is one advantage!), but if it is as complicated as you say we may have to rethink.

thanks again!

Hi Dudleycat

I did my application myself...The biggest hurdle was getting my TRA.

I got letters from all the companies I work for on their letter head with my day to day job description and got supervisor to sign.

For the companies that closed down ; I got a stautory declaration signed.

Was not very difficult. That is the longest and most nerve wrecking process for me..the rest was piece of pie...except the wait.

Check my time lines.

Gud Luck

Thanks for the reply thunee71, To be honest, i was starting to wonder if I should retrain as a migration agent! :). It's good to know it is at least possible to do. We will need all the money we can get to be saved for the big move.

can I just ask you, what is a TRA? My OH hasn't come across this yet, and I wondered if it was more to do with your visa type ( I notice you have the 489 and we are hopefully going for the 190)?

Thanks

Bel and Jason,

could you possibly let me know the details of the migration agents you went through? Feel free to PM me if you like. I would specifically like to know how much they charge for the services and whether you can only pay for some of their services and do some of it yourself, or if it is a complete package.

thanks!

Tra is a different skills assessor, you don't need to worry about them if your occupation is vetassess.

George Lombard and go Matilda are both very good agents. You can probably get them to go through your completed vetassess application before it is sent to make sure you have enough evidence. It sounds like you would probably be fine on your own though. Just do LOTS of reading lol.

Blossom, Thank you so much! We have been doing some research today and Go Matilda has come up a few times so we have emailed them to ask them for their fees and to see if they break it down for the essentials vs the nice-to-haves!!

Thank you for explaining the TRA as well....i have been going through some of the forms today and seeing if i could abbreviate any of them to make it fit!! lol! :)

take care

Bel and Jason,

could you possibly let me know the details of the migration agents you went through? Feel free to PM me if you like. I would specifically like to know how much they charge for the services and whether you can only pay for some of their services and do some of it yourself, or if it is a complete package.

thanks!

Dudleycat.

I will PM you.