moving to Adelaide end of JAN 2014

thunee71

Hi All

Need some help.

Visas granted???

Planning to arrive in Adeliade at the end of Jan 2014.

Have 3 kids ; 13 ; 11 ; 7.

13 year old starting high school next year.

Need to find a house for short term.

Then find a house for long term

Schools for kids

Then a job for myself and OH.

Buy car etc.

Can anybody help with some useful info.

Is it reasonable to go with a relocation company or can all this be done by myself considering I processed my visa application on my own without nay help from a migration agent.

need to make some new friends as well.

Moving from South Africa.

We moved over in July and did it all ourselves was quite easy, we were in short term for 6 weeks, we picked our location for the schools, then our long term rental within 2 weeks of being here, pm me if you have any more questions

Easy enough to do yourself IMHO. I'd not pay money to someone else to do it for me.

If arriving in a few months, get busy booking a short term rental now. Jan is a busy time of year. 4 weeks is about average. Look for longer term rental once here.

Make use of this forum ;) read the different sections, ask questions and so on. A lot of info is posted on here that could be useful.

Is it reasonable to go with a relocation company or can all this be done by myself considering I processed my visa application on my own without nay help from a migration agent.

I'd say the vast majority of those making the move have similar things to manage and do so without relocation company help. Start with some of the basics - such as are you aiming to live beachside, walking/easy cycling distance to the cbd or more hills/country - and go from there. I'm assuming you'll have been researching areas, schools, state of the job market and potential employment opportunities etc during the visa process, so at least you'll have some kind of idea where you fancy staying when you get here. Just be open to change your mind about suburbs and what you thought you'd like, because once you're here you might find the reality different to the impression you built up beforehand.

Jim