Kids

Guest BAZnDAF

Guest BAZnDAF

Hi all,

I have 2 girls, Hollie(16) and Joy(13) from a previous marriage, I know they have to have the medicals whether they come or not. After talking to them they want to come with us but are not sure if they will stay, Hollie wants to come over and get her visa then maybe come back to the UK then go back to Oz after college. Joy said she wants to come and stay, but she might change her mind yet.

Is this possible? and does anyone know if there is a time limit or know where I can get information regarding this subject as I am being hounded by the ex wife regarding what is or is not allowed.

Any help is appreciated.

Barry.

Guest Trakki

If you are going on a 175 then I would say add them anyway and then they have visas. You have to validate the visa a year from the medicals or PCC whichever comes first so they would have to travel to Oz to validate their passports, then I believe that they have 5 years in which to become resident. If they do not become resident or do not validate then this won't affect your visa. We really wish we had done this with Petes 2 children (16 and 14) as his 16 year old can't decide to come or not but if we had got her on the visa it would make life alot easier. The only stumbling block may be and I am not 100% sure about this as they have to be your dependents so don't know if they have to live with you. I do know that your child is classed as a dependent until they are 18 whether or not they are in education. Your 16 year old will need the blood test when you have the medical, our panel Dr told us that Sarah (16) didn't need the blood test as she wasn't coming but we had to go back and have it done!!

Anyway I can't help with any other type of visa but hope that helps a bit.

Guest BAZnDAF

The plan is to get them both on the visa and then let them make their own minds up about Oz, Daph and I will be getting one way tickets, but I was going to get the girls an open ticket, so they can return if they like. I know its going to cause problems with the ex if they decide to stay with me, and i'm sure she'll put pressure on them, which I hate, I want them to make the decission for themselves based on what they feel is the better option for them. I can see some seriousley bad times ahead, but like they say, it can only get better :)