Just had a thought!!!

Guest Trakki

Guest Trakki

We are taking our double buggy with us when we fly (if we ever get the visa!!) and was just sitting here reading Grahames post from Singapore and a terrible thought hit me, can we get the buggy to use during the stop over, only planning to a short 4-6 hour stop over. If not it will be hell with 2 children and a toddler and a baby!!! Anyone that has flown with little ones help!

Thanks in advance

When hubby flew here with our daughter who was just 1, he was allowed to take a fold up buggy on the plane, everything else goes straight through and you don't see it again until Australia. He said it was so good to have it cos he was in Singapore airport for 5 hours, and again while waiting to clear immigration here. It was one of those cheap ones that pushes together and ends up like a walking stick. Your airline should be able to advise you what you can take.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

When we flew with Singapore you wait by the aircraft to have your buggys returned to you from the aircrafts hold, but on arrival at Adelaide we had to collect ours from the carousel, although Adelaide provided us with courtesy buggys at the aircraft exit,

Guzzler

We were the same as Guzzler last October. If you gatecheck the buggy, they will bring it to the aircraft door during your stopover. We had ours for 5 hours in Hong Kong but then picked up from the carousel in Adelaide. Just remind them at checkin and ours had a tag that said deliver to door in Hong Kong then on to Adelaide.

Liz

Guest Trakki

Thankyou everyone, that puts my mind at rest. I know it may sound a trivial thing to worry about but when you are travelling eith 4 children you need to work out the logistics in advance as we don't want to get anymore stressed than needs be, if you know what I mean. The thought of having to carry Joe around who will be about one and is a rather chunky baby was quite worrying!!!

Thanks again

Thankyou everyone, that puts my mind at rest. I know it may sound a trivial thing to worry about but when you are travelling eith 4 children you need to work out the logistics in advance as we don't want to get anymore stressed than needs be, if you know what I mean. The thought of having to carry Joe around who will be about one and is a rather chunky baby was quite worrying!!!

Thanks again

Hi there

I wouldn't have said that it was a trivial thing, it makes for a pleasant journey if you have everything undercontrol, especially the cherubs!!

Guest TheDeansDownUnder

I flew over with my 3 nippers on my own and had a 17 hour stop over at Singapore, as all said earlier................you do get your buggy as you get off the plane!!!

(although i do seem to remember that my double buggy was real hard to push on that horrible green swirly carpet!!):)

Leanne xx:wubclub: