News on our application

Guest CDJ_Edwards

Guest CDJ_Edwards

We have finally got a Case Officer :jiggy:and she wants us to have our medicals and police checks to her within a month. We are hoping that this is a good sign and that it be just a rubber stamp exercise when she receives them. I am so glad that we decided to organise our medicals a few weeks back as we are going on Monday but we are having the usual anxieties about having your medicals. We should all be OK none of us has been to see over doctor in over 2 years!!

Guest mOZzy

great news!!!!!

we know how you are feeling - we've got ours a few days ago too :jiggy:

no worries with the medicals - plain sailing!

and that you didn't need a doc in 2 years is a good sign ;)

Guest isandev

You will be fine honestly. I have broken most of the bones in my body, had both my knee and shoulder rebuilt, am now a stone and a half overweight, smoke like a chimney and still passed !!!!!!!! It really is only a check on your general health, and the xrays are to ensure you dont have TB.

Im pretty sure you are right about it now just being rubber stamped as we were granted a visa within days of our police checks going in.

Good luck.

Guest CDJ_Edwards

Thanks for the positive comments. It just seems to have taken forever to get to this point and you feel that everything rests on you being perfectly fit and healthy when it doesn't of course. My husband says that he is most probably in the best shape that he's been in for years - he is planning to do the Leeds half marathon this year to celebrate his 40th and the race is taking place on his birthday as well....I will not be joining him but will be there to cheer him on as he runs past.

Guest bev_stef

Hi

Congratulations with getting a CO, I'm sure it won't be too much longer for those precious stamps now. Good Luck with the meds, and also to your OH with his run.

Bev

Guest Django

As others have said the medicals are no more than a quick once over. They don't come close to what I would call a medical. The only thing to worry about is the hole in your pocket. Its not cheap.:shocked:

Pete