Required Advice on the most suitable visa

Guest Tyrone

Guest Tyrone

Hi All,

Im sorry to bother you guys but i'm at my wit's end. My gf and I are both international students who have just completed bachelor degree, intending to stay in Adelaide after graduation.

Both of us graduating with bsc of finance/commerce and completed more than 2/4 years of studies in Adelaide but we realized that we do not meet the requirements of subclass 485 - Temporary graduate visa as our qualification does not fall under the Skilled Occupation List.

Personally, i do have an aunt who is an Australian citizen and a diploma in Engineering Informatic which i have completed the studies in Singapore if that helps.

Please advise if we are eligible for other Visas like 189/190/489

Thank you very much!

Hi All,

Im sorry to bother you guys but i'm at my wit's end. My gf and I are both international students who have just completed bachelor degree, intending to stay in Adelaide after graduation.

Both of us graduating with bsc of finance/commerce and completed more than 2/4 years of studies in Adelaide but we realized that we do not meet the requirements of subclass 485 - Temporary graduate visa as our qualification does not fall under the Skilled Occupation List.

Personally, i do have an aunt who is an Australian citizen and a diploma in Engineering Informatic which i have completed the studies in Singapore if that helps.

Please advise if we are eligible for other Visas like 189/190/489

Thank you very much!

There is no qualification that falls under the Skilled Occupation List.

The relevant criterion for a positive 485 skills assessment is that the academic qualification is 'closely related' to a skilled occupation on Schedule 1. There are other criteria.

Whether you can make a combined application for any visa would depend on the particulars of your relationship.

From the information you posted, it is not possible to assess your prospects of applying for a skilled visa.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for an assessment?

If you have been living together for a year, and can prove it then yes you can go on one application.

If your occupation is not on the sol then your only other option is to see if it is on the csol, and see if you can get a sponsored visa. Either by an employer or possibly state sponsored. I'm not sure off hand if the aunt is of any help. You would still need a job on the csol if she is.

Guest Tyrone
Your aunt cannot assist unless you nominate an occupation on Schedule 1 and she resides in a designated area and then only for a temporary visa.

I repeat my advice - May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for an assessment?

Thank you Wrussell and Blossom, I have went to an agent with regards to the matter, the agent advise me to go ahead with TR VISA 485 application by myself and my gf will be applying for working holiday as we do not reside together and she does not qualify to apply for VISA 485 hence unable to apply as de facto relationship.

It seems like we have to reside together for 1 year in order for her to join into my Visa 485 , is there any other/quicker method to get around this?

Thank you very much