pros and cons of 489 visa...s/s

thunee71

Hi all

I have been granted a 489 visa..what are:

1.the pro and cons of this visa

2.Also when you want to apply for permanent residency it says you need to be in full time employment for 12 months and stay in area for 2 years.

Do you have to be employed in the same field that you applied for the visa ( Your skills that you was assesed) or can you do any job

3.Do kids have to pay international school fees

4. IF wife works for 12 months can this satisfy the visa condition for 12 months employment for permanent visa application and live for 2 years in area and then apply for PR although I was the main applicant for visa????

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

Hi, have a look @ http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/education/40269-schooling-489-visa-holder.html#post279286 One of our other members confirmed with the SA education office in Adelaide that 489 school costs are the same s if you had a permanent visa

Hi all

1.the pro and cons of this visa

2.Also when you want to apply for permanent residency it says you need to be in full time employment for 12 months and stay in area for 2 years.

Do you have to be employed in the same field that you applied for the visa ( Your skills that you was assesed) or can you do any job

4. IF wife works for 12 months can this satisfy the visa condition for 12 months employment for permanent visa application and live for 2 years in area and then apply for PR although I was the main applicant for visa????

Thanks thunee,

All the questions I wanted to know too!!

Bal

• 3 years later...

Hi folks, 

I have lodged my EOI with 60 overall points on 24/10/2017 in 489 FS subclass.
My occupation is Mechanical Engineer.

I want to know that working experience is necessary in order to get invitation as well as to get visa grant from DIBP, as I do not have any relevant working experience.

If yes, than by how much time I will get my invitation.

Thanks all

• 5 months later...
On 12/9/2017 at 9:30 PM, Dawinderjit Singh said:

Hi folks, 

I have lodged my EOI with 60 overall points on 24/10/2017 in 489 FS subclass.
My occupation is Mechanical Engineer.

I want to know that working experience is necessary in order to get invitation as well as to get visa grant from DIBP, as I do not have any relevant working experience.

If yes, than by how much time I will get my invitation.

Thanks all

are you invited ?