820 Partner Visa Lodged

hallie3000

Guest JayLetts2011

good luck and keep yourself as busy as you can, mine took just over a month and i was by the window everyday waiting for postman then once he delivered i would be out there in a flash. so just keep yourself out and about and i know its easier said than done but dont think about it and fingers crossed it all goes quickly for you :)

Current 820 processing times are somewhat longer I think. They were 13 months up till recent times but that seems to have dropped a bit now. Who knows, it's a guessing game so I always say to try not to drive yourself bonkers guessing ;)

You should hear in a while who your CO is and go into a bridging visa, which iirc now comes with work rights. Not sure you can go offshore though till partner visa is granted, well, not without another BV.

Anyways, hard work is done. Once you see that money come out you'll know it's in the queue and lodged, just the sitting and waiting then really :)

Edited by snifter

I knew the processing times were roughly around 13 months thats why i was curious as to how Jays took no time at all.

So glad i've finally lodged it though. Feel like a weight has been lifted. Now just got to play the waiting game.

Keeping an eye on my bank account to see when the money goes out. I was told i should get a letter back within 7 days.

Guest louise23
Current 820 processing times are somewhat longer I think. They were 13 months up till recent times but that seems to have dropped a bit now. Who knows, it's a guessing game so I always say to try not to drive yourself bonkers guessing ;)

You should hear in a while who your CO is and go into a bridging visa, which iirc now comes with work rights. Not sure you can go offshore though till partner visa is granted, well, not without another BV.

Anyways, hard work is done. Once you see that money come out you'll know it's in the queue and lodged, just the sitting and waiting then really :)

Hey :) im very new on here. I was just wondering, when you said about the bridging visa's having work rights, is that for anyone who applies?

this is our second partner application and on my first bridging visa I was able to work but worried I wont be able to this time round...

hope you can help :)

Hey :) im very new on here. I was just wondering, when you said about the bridging visa's having work rights, is that for anyone who applies?

this is our second partner application and on my first bridging visa I was able to work but worried I wont be able to this time round...

How come this is your 2nd partner visa? Was the first one declined or do you mean that you are going from a temp partner visa to a per meant one?

I don't follow. Are you on the temp partner visa and reached the permanent stage?

Guest louise23

we applied for our first one in aug 2013 but our CO advised us in july 2013 that it was more than likely not going to be accepted due to her not feeling we had enough evidence. so she advised us to withdraw it before it was refused.

Guest louise23
I don't follow. Are you on the temp partner visa and reached the permanent stage?

sorry I should have said, nah were applying from scratch all over again. so lodging the first stage of the visa.

Guest louise23

yeh I know, we hadn't either.

we had been living together for 1 year exactly when we first applied. we lived with our friend and her hubby. but unfortunately because the house was so close to my fiancé's mum's house he didn't transfer his mail their for 4 months. so it looks like we didn't live together for 4 months at one stage.

now weve been living together 2 n half years and engaged for 2,

oh we sent everything, banks statements, bills, photos, joint invites, statements from people, texts... you name it we sent it lol

We actually have a similar issue. We have lived together for 14 months. The first 3 months in the Uk which we have proof of but when we moved to Adelaide we also lived at a friends but all our mail was going to my partners mums down the road. We lived at friends for 2 and a half months before moving into a place of our own.

Im now petrified after reading that yours was a lack of evidence. When we probably have 2 months missing :S but it is written in our stat decs our living situation. Hopefully we'll be fine

Guest louise23

yeh I will keep everything crossed for you. We had everything written down to, and we also got my friend, who's name the house was leased in to do a testimony for us.

but ours was for longer period of time so I think maybe that's why.

Don't worry, just think positively :)

Yeah ours is only 2 months out of 14 months really. But we have evidence that our mail was going to My partners mums house at the time.

I'm hoping we will be fine. If not then its not a problem to do it all over again like you.

When are u sending yours off? We sent ours off on Monday to Perth.

Guest louise23

we are sending ours at the end of next week. I just have to go to the library to the JP tomorrow and get some last bits and piece's signed off. Thank goodness lol.

did you do your application without an agent?? an if so how did you find it?

Guest louise23
Because you have to submit your application a second time, does that mean you have to pay the $4,575 again?

yeh unfortunately.

When we first applied in 2012 we ony paid like $3500.

And now we hve to pay again, except $4575.

it's a bank buster I tell you lol