457 visa to PR

Hi guys,

Has anyone changed there 457 to PR through Employer nomination and had to pay it them self's?

If so can you tell me how much it cost and what all was needed.

Regards

Gary and Siobhan

Guest Claire-n-tel
Yes we did, we had to do things again e.g. medicals, police checks and it cost $3060 for the 2 of us.

wow bargain! What pr visa did you get? now the 187 transitional costs $5280 for applicant and partner, no kids.......medicals etc extra

The current visa application charges for the employer sponsored permanent residence visas are:

DIBP visa application charges as of 1st September.

• Primary Applicant $3,520
  • Secondary Applicants >18 $1,760
  • Secondary Applicants <18 $880

Who pays varies considerably by employer and reason, I have seen a lot more employers requiring the applicant to pay the visa application charges since the extra charges came into play.

Thank you for this just need to get the money together etc

The current visa application charges for the employer sponsored permanent residence visas are:

DIBP visa application charges as of 1st September.

• Primary Applicant $3,520
  • Secondary Applicants >18 $1,760
  • Secondary Applicants <18 $880

Who pays varies considerably by employer and reason, I have seen a lot more employers requiring the applicant to pay the visa application charges since the extra charges came into play.

Well thanks guys for all your reply's, but as usual I have one other question has anyone done the application without using a migration agent? As the overall costs with fees etc get quite high, and in this day and age you need all the money you can get. hopefully they will reduce there visa fees back to they way they were before?

Thanks Again

Gary & Siobhan

Well thanks guys for all your reply's, but as usual I have one other question has anyone done the application without using a migration agent? As the overall costs with fees etc get quite high, and in this day and age you need all the money you can get. hopefully they will reduce there visa fees back to they way they were before?

Thanks Again

Gary & Siobhan

Ours was without an agent $3060 plus meds and police checks

Hi Guys

How easy is the Application process? Also the medicals do they need to be from an approved doctor or can we seek it from our own?

Also I presume the police checks are from here and UK?[

Sorry.

Kind Regards

Gary and SiobhanQ

UOTE=jimmyskinner;286043]Ours was without an agent $3060 plus meds and police checks

Guest Claire-n-tel
Hi Guys

How easy is the Application process? Also the medicals do they need to be from an approved doctor or can we seek it from our own?

Also I presume the police checks are from here and UK?[

Sorry.

Kind Regards

Gary and SiobhanQ

UOTE=jimmyskinner;286043]Ours was without an agent $3060 plus meds and police checks

Hi Guys,

The application is tedious as much as anything, the form 80 was a bit of a nightmare for us as before we moved to Oz we traveled for 4 years so filling in the in and out of countries bit......aghhh!

Your medical has to be done by an approved Dr. there is a list of them somewhere on the immi website, i cant remember how much it cost, less than in uk but not cheep.

Yes you'll need police checks from any country where you have live for a total of more than 12 months in the last 10 years.

Also don't forget that the prices have gone up hugely and now costs

Primary Applicant $3,520

Secondary Applicants >18 $1,760

Secondary Applicants <18 $880

:smile: