Long term related Q on SS Visa subclass 190

Guest atre

So we have a SA SS Subclass 190 and now we intend to move to Adelaide soon. God forbid, we don't get the kind of jobs we are looking for(especially DH who is the primary applicant and by far we haven't seen much positive written/advertised about his field of work-facilities management), I understand that we can appeal and take a waiver from SA and move elsewhere if a job offer is on hand. If we take this path and move ahead elsewhere, how does it(and does it at all) affect Citizenship prospects in the future? I have read very mixed opinions on other forums outside of PIA and would really appreciate someone with absolute knowledge about this responding to my query.

What are your reasons for wanting to migrate to Adelaide from Dubai? It always worries me when migrants are talking about leaving before they have even got here. No one has any guarantees of jobs when they come (even people that come here with a job offer can suddenly find themselves out of a job) and it may take time to secure work and flexibility in my opinion is often needed.

To be brutally honest Adelaide is an entry point for us at the moment to secure citizenship of Australia. Having said that am not suggesting I don't wish to try or life comes with a guarantee card. But at the same time there's no harm in being aware of what we are setting ourselves up for and if it really needs that we spend longer time saving up here to survive the jobless phase later, we'll need to accommodate for that too. Afterall no one likes life getting tougher than what it already is, right?

As has been said before the obligation to honour your state sponsorship is a moral one but by setting yourselves up to move out of state before you've even arrived is a selfish move. There are lots of people who actually want to move to South Australia but because State Sponsorship is limited they don't get the opportunity to come because places have been taken by people who have no intention of living where they've said they would. If the other states had need of more employees from overseas their SS lists would show this - they obviously don't which is why you've applied to SA instead.

Like Jessica said there's no guarantee for anyone arriving and the state don't owe you anything; it's a choice you've made and one that you should think about before moving to another country.

Just because it's not illegal doesn't make it OK.

With due respect, there are individual circumstances that one can't always explain. Having said that, I realized after reading various forums on this particular topic, that people have extreme opinions and personally I don't wish to endorse any. Thanks for your time and inputs on this topic and I would close this thread on this note.

I think you are right Atre. There are some extreme views on here and differing views but it certainly makes it for colourful reading. I think generally people are protective of Adelaide. I don't think you should be put off by that. I read your original post as asking a question about moving out of state IF a job in Adelaide wasn't available. I can't answer your question but perhaps someone will come along that knows that answer. I think if I moved to an overseas country and couldn't find a job and sustain myself I would look into going to another state too. Could you ask an immigration agent that question?

Edited by Toni