South Australian State Plan opens more occupations

TeeTMI

[h=3]South Australian State Plan opens more occupations[/h] From 1 Mar 2014, state and territories are no longer subject to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s (DIBP) occupational ceilings for the 190 and 489 state nominated visas – see http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/. There will continue to be state planning levels (quotas) for each occupation on the State Nominated Occupation List (SNOL).

Immigration SA has reviewed availability for the six occupation groups which were previously limited by DIBP. Many of these occupations have now been made available again on the State Nominated Occupation List (SNOL). The following six occupation groups have been reviewed by Immigration SA:

• 2331 Chemical and Materials Engineers

• 2334 Electronics Engineers

• 2339 Other Engineering Professionals

• 2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts

• 2613 Software and Applications Programmers

• 2633 Telecommunications Engineering Professionals

Please note: there are limited places available for the occupations from these groups which have been made available.

The occupations of 233111 Chemical Engineer, 233999 Engineering Professionals Nec and 261313 Software Engineer will remain as “Special Conditions” due to reaching the state planning level. Occupations listed as Special Conditions are only available to International Graduates of South Australia who meet the state nomination criteria.

Guest LadyBug

My occupation has reached its planning level for the 2013-14 program year.

I received SA nomination and invitation to apply in November and lodged my application in December. I received mail from CO in February asking for evidences of health. We've done our medicals even prior to that email, but our panel clinic sent documents to Global Health in March. The day they notified me that they sent our reports I also notified my CO about that. Our medicals should be in Sydney this week.

How does all that affect us? Will that just postpone our process? Are we even getting our visa? I know... asking when would be too much.

Guest Claire-n-tel
My occupation has reached its planning level for the 2013-14 program year.

I received SA nomination and invitation to apply in November and lodged my application in December. I received mail from CO in February asking for evidences of health. We've done our medicals even prior to that email, but our panel clinic sent documents to Global Health in March. The day they notified me that they sent our reports I also notified my CO about that. Our medicals should be in Sydney this week.

How does all that affect us? Will that just postpone our process? Are we even getting our visa? I know... asking when would be too much.

Hi Ladybug!

Please remember you are not guaranteed to be granted a visa ever......the application is just that, an application, noone can tell you if you will receive a visa, applications can and do get refussed at many points in the process for many reasons.

You are right, noone can tell you when......they cannot even tell you if you will be granted.

I know that seems harsh to be reminding people of that but there are so many people at the moment who have sold houses, quit jobs, booked flights etc

Fingers crossed for you:wubclub:

Guest LadyBug

Hi, Claire-n-tel!

I do understand what you're trying to tell me. I know nothing is granted. Hell, we haven't even tell a soul about our plans, let alone quit job or do anything more extreme.

I do hope we get our visa though. And I really don't mind if we get it in July or even later. As long as it comes. Thank you for keeping your fingers crossed.

Guest poon5000

My kids are from Hong Kong and studying in High School in Adelaide. I want to move there to take care of them. I have a bachelor degree of Computer Science and over 15 years of proven industry experience in infrastructure architecture, data center, project management, and IT operations in country in the Asia Pacific and Japan regions. But my age is 43. Which VISA can I apply?