Flying in 4 days eeeeek!!!

Bal67

Hi Guys,

We are flying out on Sunday with Emirates and now all our stuff has been shipped we still seem to have a lot of paperwork etc lying around which we need to bring with us, our weight allowance is 30kg, I had read somewhere on here that you get more if you are flying 1 way how true is this and what amount would you say we would get away with each?? I did ask the question when booking flights but they could not answer the question!!

Bal

Guest Claire-n-tel

Ooh Bal you need to call the airline asap and ask for it, don't just turn up at the airport with extra they will charge you!.....now get off of PIA and get on that phone!

Gus,

Very hard to do that when I still seem to have so much to do, we are spending the next few days with family/friends and everyone is around Saturday?

thanks for information on weight too!!

Hope you guys are ready for new house next week too.

Bal

x

Hi guys,

Just called emirates and they have said anything over 30kg you will get charged £50 per kg at airport, but if you go online 72 hours before you can buy upto 25kg extra at £30 per kg!!

Don't think it will come to that but nice to know you can if need to and it may help anyone else who is flying soon.

Thanks for all your replies guys!!

Guest lilgal89
Hi guys,

Just called emirates and they have said anything over 30kg you will get charged £50 per kg at airport, but if you go online 72 hours before you can buy upto 25kg extra at £30 per kg!!

Don't think it will come to that but nice to know you can if need to and it may help anyone else who is flying soon.

Thanks for all your replies guys!!

We're flying with Singapore Airlines - I emailed them, we get 30kg plus an additional 10kg each as we're going one way on an un-validated visa, plus we can check in our pram and car seat for free with 7kg each hand luggage - very generous!!!

Guest Claire-n-tel
plus we can check in our pram and car seat for free with 7kg each hand luggage - very generous!!!

Lilgal, i am fairly sure that bit of it is standard for all flights anywhere. If you fly to uk on holiday or even to Melbourne for a weekend you can checkin your pram and car seat and get your 7kg carryon :wubclub:

Guest lilgal89
Lilgal, i am fairly sure that bit of it is standard for all flights anywhere. If you fly to uk on holiday or even to Melbourne for a weekend you can checkin your pram and car seat and get your 7kg

Never flew and had that much, I know monarch is 5 and easyjet and Ryan air go on the case size - so I'm made up with 7! I knew the pram was in from previous holidays but thought I would have to pay for the car seat to be honest so that was a nice bonus when I realised we wouldn't have to! :-)

Edited by lilgal89
Spelling!

Never flew and had that much, I know monarch is 5 and easyjet and Ryan air go on the case size - so I'm made up with 7! I knew the pram was in from previous holidays but thought I would have to pay for the car seat to be honest so that was a nice bonus when I realised we wouldn't have to! :-)

7kg hand luggage is standard on long haul flights and non budget airlines.

You say about bringing your car seat. Are you aware that a UK car seat will be illegal to use in Australia as a car seat? They are all secured with a top tether here too.

Guest lilgal89

As I mentioned above - the airlines I were referring to are budget airlines, so again I've never flew with that much.

Yes. Fully aware of that thanks. :-)