Can I move other states as I can’t find my job here in SA [ Visa 190 (former 176)]

Ehsan

Guys, get ready for a long post regarding a popular issue.

Looks like SA is desperate to increase migrants disregarding the fact that jobs are very limited. From my observation I can see so many posts in blogs and discussion forums titled " Can I move interstate as I can’t find my job here in SA" or something like that. This has become a very serious issue recently. Neither DIAC nor SA department is clearly advising on the issue. I have two dimensions to discuss the issue:

A. What DIBP and SA officially say about the issue?

B. What are the consequences of moving other states before allowed time?

A) Statement of DIBP and SA:

DIBP says "There could have been some residential conditions that were specified by the relevant state or territory government in your nomination. Contact the state or territory government for more information"- Okay! Clear enough?

My question: Why DIBP is not telling “You ‘have to’ follow state requirement as they have sponsored you to get this visa”. This would have cleared confusion form their end at least. Now let us see what SA says-

“12.2 Applicants must demonstrate a genuine interest in South Australia and a commitment to live and work in the state for at least two years by: Undertaking first-hand, thorough and meaningful research on South Australia. Providing your reasons for your interest in immigrating to South Australia in the on-line application

12.2.2 Undertaking relevant research on job opportunities and any licensing/registration requirements…..“

When it comes to ‘demonstrate interest’, I think most people will just do that anyway! Also so many people don’t get the real picture until they land on SA. I know many have applied despite knowing the fact of ‘job scarcity’ just to secure the visa. After all it’s PR!!!

My question: Why SA is not telling” You must have to stay at least 2 years as per your declaration to fulfill sponsorship criteria.

B) Consequence of moving other states and impact on Citizenship Application:

On the ground of above issue, there is nothing we find from DIBP or State about the consequences on applying for citizenship. This should be clarified by both the authority with possible outcomes against varying situations.

Hope some expert would shed some light on this.

Regards

Ehsan

Interesting question; I thought you had to prove to SA that you'd been living there for two years (proof of address, payslips etc) in order to fulfil visa requirements? If you are on a SA nominated/sponsored 190 visa I don't think you can live and work in, say Melbourne or Sydney for the first two years of your time in Aus???

No, the only visa you need to do that for is the one which is temporary first. They will not offer you pr at the end of the temp visa if you haven't lived in the right postcodes.

The permanent visa is exactly that. The only permanent visa which they do say they will cancel if you don't stick to the two years is the employer sponsored rsms visa. Even then it seems very rare indeed.

Hi

What about the 489 s/s regional visa.

Jobs are scarce here in Adelaide but there are jobs in other state regional area.

I have a job offer in regional Queensland

Its a FIFO job

I am renting a house here in Adelaide

Kids are in school in Adelaide

WHat happens in this case..do I have to inform DIAC

Curious

Was wondering for 190 wouldn't there be any check about the obligation fulfillment(even though its moral) for further Visa (PR Extension) or Citizen ship ?

Even though they does not state that clearly, Is that not the moral obligation that's working for all the documents we provide to IMMI for visa application? If fraud or wrong information provided either by you or by your representative(lawyer or so) was identified by IMMI then you will be not eligible for 10 years to get any Visa in AU. Its again Moral here about the documents you provided. If you are not scanned and was not identified then all is good. If not ?

I personally don't feel anything is abstract and all is transparent to IMMI. Who knows if they will check that Obligations accomplishment in the back end ? Unless a person from IMMI confirms here. I feel its all the moral that it works with.

Hi

What about the 489 s/s regional visa.

Jobs are scarce here in Adelaide but there are jobs in other state regional area.

I have a job offer in regional Queensland

Its a FIFO job

I am renting a house here in Adelaide

Kids are in school in Adelaide

WHat happens in this case..do I have to inform DIAC

Curious

Any regional area would be fine for 489 but you have to notify your current sponsored state and seek their approval.

You can probably show job stats and rejections etc to show that you cant get a job here. It all case by case basis depending on how long you stayed here, how typical your situation is and so on.

Guest bobbster

We are coming over to Sa on a sponsred 190 visa in July. My husband is now a little worried at the lack of automotive enineering jobs and we have asked ourselves whether he will be able to find suitable work in that state. Are you able to move state if you cannot gain employment.

Michelle

Dear Mr. Moderator

Thanks for your reply. Seems like 190 is now the most confusing one. Anyway do you know the consequence of such movement? I mean when they will be applying for citizenship or apply for resident return visa after 5 yrs?

Thanks in advance

Ehsan

• 2 months later...

The problem in SA is that there is often going to be less job opportunities than in the other cities - even jobs that are on the 190 list (and not on other regional 190 lists) are easier to get elsewhere due to sheer volume of work available in larger cities. Its even more of a challenge when your partners skills are not in demand in SA but in demand elsewhere. We haven't set a date to move yet, but from my research to date it could be a challenge.

Hi all .i had have the 176 state sponsor skilled visa with 2 years left on it.this is a pr visa could l move inter state on this as i was told i had a moral obligation to libe and work in sa for two years thanks Neil

It depends greatly I think. I work in IT systems admin and have had a easy time, no real re-skilling needed, my Microsoft qualifications have helped. I'm currently looking at moving job and have had a few job interviews over the last week. Other areas are being hit hard I think. I always said we would give Adelaide 6 months before moving on - even though we were state sponsored. That would have felt like we had given it a fair-go. Not a lot does seem to happen in Adelaide though - but then that's also part of the charm.

Totally true that is adelaide's charm. I've been told numerous times that work here is from word of mouth! Also who you know. Kind of thing. I like adelaide. Quiet. Relaxed. Coming from London to here was everything I imagined!

That is encouraging. I have read some posts that make it sound like Adelaide is a city full of unemployed people. And I would wonder how that could be the case with a million people plus. Some statistics I read put the unemployment rate at around ~7% which is a % point higher than the other bigger cities so it cant be as bad as some would like us to believe