YAY!! GOT MY 489 SS TODAY :) just one question regarding passports

finally got state sponsorship today with an offer to apply for our 489 visa, as i was starting the process of applying i noticed it says that you should have at least 6 months left on your passport, one of my sons runs out in august this year and i am going to get a new one but don't want to do that until we have applied as the passport may take some time to come back, does anyone know if this will be a problem or anyone one been in the same situation, thanks

Congratulations :wink:I'm not an expert and I'm sure someone more knowledgable will answer but probably best to get the new passport before applying. Especially as it says you must have at least 6 months left. You could always pay extra for a quicker turnaround time when you apply or go for a day out to the passport office. Good luck and congrats again

My daughters passport was due to expire in September so I thought it best to send off for a new one so I didn't have to change any details on immiaccount after we lodged. I did it with the check and send at the post office and received it back within 10 days.. You have 60 days to lodge your visa so you should have plenty of time

• 3 weeks later...