Holiday in UK - Do we require Visa Label ina UK Passport

Boxertony

My family and I arrived in February 2010 on a Skilled Regional Passport (Subclass 475) and then in March 2012 we gained Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 887). We still have the old visa label in our current passport and two members of our family have gained new UK passports and currently have no visa label in their passport.

We are aware that you no longer require a visa label to work in Australia, but do we need a label if we are leaving Australia and want to return to Australia to live and work, if NO! Is there anything we need to do before we leave Australia so we can return without any problems.

I look forward to your responses...................

With kind regards

Tony

I have just got off the phone with the immigration they said exactly what you have mentioned to me, even give me the same link. Like you said you have to inform the immigration department our new passport details via completing the Form 929 and either posting or faxing it back to them via the address of the Form 929.

Thanks for your help Snifter and Claire-n-tel

You need to inform Aus immigration of your new passport numbers etc. They then electronically link the visas to the new passports. Labels are not issued any more. Carry the old passports also if you wish, to show the label.

Read this PDF

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/929.pdf

What is the address I post the Form 929 to, Immigration told me that the address is on the actual form but it is not

I looked on the PDF

Return the completed form to the office where you lodged your

application or if your visa has been granted, to the nearest office

of the department.

It lists the departments on there.

My family and I arrived in February 2010 on a Skilled Regional Passport (Subclass 475) and then in March 2012 we gained Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 887). We still have the old visa label in our current passport and two members of our family have gained new UK passports and currently have no visa label in their passport.

We are aware that you no longer require a visa label to work in Australia, but do we need a label if we are leaving Australia and want to return to Australia to live and work, if NO! Is there anything we need to do before we leave Australia so we can return without any problems.

I look forward to your responses...................

With kind regards

Tony

Tony - I just walked into Adelaide DIAC office on Currie Street and asked them to link them. Took 10 minutes and I watched them do it as my sister in law did the forms and they still didn't link all of them and they had grief coming back in.

L