Think it's over :-(

Guest Ollie2011

Guest Ollie2011

Absolutely gutted, was getting everything ready to put in our EOI and agent informs us that I need payslips from 2005 onwards and p60s from 2006 onwards to prove my mechanic work experience for 8 years + in order to get enough points for pr190 visa. I don't have these and have looked into getting bank statements to prove my payslips but they will only go back 6 years and agent thinks tax office will only go back 5 or 6 years for p60 stuff. Agent says that without this info I can't get the points. I am honestly not able to take the English test to help wth points, left school with no gcses and have worked my way to be a mechanic which is obviously Manual job and doesn't require too much reading and writing, have looked at the practice tests and they are just completely impossible to me. Have got 2 small boys and really don't want to risk a 457 employer sponsored visa without Medicare, school fees etc, it's just too risky with a family in my opinion. Am just so gutted that it looks like the visa is not going to happen after over a year of applying, can't believe the agent left so long to tell us about this either but that's another matter!! We were so excited about doing this and me and my partner are just so upset that it probably isn't going to happen anymore :-(

What about a statutory declaration for the work served or from an employet. My partner lost his apprenticeship papers & was advised to get a solicitor to witness a statutory declaration. Im not sure if this is the same but would definitely advise you to adk your agent or diac

Guest Ollie2011

Thanks gumster, il ask agent about that, not open as it's bank holiday weekend so received email last night about the paperwork and won't bring able to contact them until tues now. Trying to not think the worse but assuming that they would have said that getting something signed in front of solicitor would be an option if that was the case? Maybe they just haven't thought of this yet......

Absolutely gutted, was getting everything ready to put in our EOI and agent informs us that I need payslips from 2005 onwards and p60s from 2006 onwards to prove my mechanic work experience for 8 years + in order to get enough points for pr190 visa. I don't have these and have looked into getting bank statements to prove my payslips but they will only go back 6 years and agent thinks tax office will only go back 5 or 6 years for p60 stuff. Agent says that without this info I can't get the points. I am honestly not able to take the English test to help wth points, left school with no gcses and have worked my way to be a mechanic which is obviously Manual job and doesn't require too much reading and writing, have looked at the practice tests and they are just completely impossible to me. Have got 2 small boys and really don't want to risk a 457 employer sponsored visa without Medicare, school fees etc, it's just too risky with a family in my opinion. Am just so gutted that it looks like the visa is not going to happen after over a year of applying, can't believe the agent left so long to tell us about this either but that's another matter!! We were so excited about doing this and me and my partner are just so upset that it probably isn't going to happen anymore :-(

Having read your post I can't believe you would struggle with any English test, your written English is superb and far better than most who post on here.

Good luck and keep striving to get your dream.

Guest Ollie2011

When the agent originally asked for the paperwork, it was on a list of outstanding stuff we still and to give them, I emailed back and said that we didn't have them that far back and could they point me in the direction of how to get them or evidence of them and agent emailed yesterdAy saying we could get bank statements and ask local tax office for p60, agent said there and then they go back about 5 or 6 years which wouldn't be far enough back for what they need anyway so not sure how that was going to help?! Then last line of email said if we don't get this information it would mean me sitting the test. Am hoping that maybe they think it's not a big deal for me to sit the test and haven't thought about other options but am not holding my breath as would have thought they would have put this as an option.

To think, last night,after the kids had gone to bed we were sat having dinner talking about getting to adelaide etc and then when we opened that email, within a few minutes the dream was pretty much over:sad:

Guest Ollie2011

That's what I'm hoping blossom, that it's just something they've not thought of....got our money all paid off for their fee now anyway so no skin off their nose!

Having read your post I can't believe you would struggle with any English test, your written English is superb and far better than most who post on here.

Good luck and keep striving to get your dream.

Well I don't know much about the English test, but I agree with adelaidenow about the quality of English in your post. If you really want this dream to go on, believe in yourself and do some classes to prepare you for the test. As you learn, you WILL believe in your ability. Go for it I say.

Guest Ollie2011

Thanks bill, honestly I have just been telling my oh what I want to say and she has pretty much written it, my English written skills are really quite poor, not been a problem until now as manual mechanic job didn't need a decent level, very good at my job , just lacking in the academic department!

"agent thinks tax office will only go back 5 or 6 years for p60 stuff."

HMRC can actually provide your tax details for a lot longer. But you can't just go to your normal tax office, as they will need to access their archives

Check out this link

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/industrial-compensation/

You can make a record retrieval request back to 1996/97 (which is when they introduced self assessment) or a Subject Access Request which goes back a lot further.

My husband is a tax inspector and said that whilst these requests are rare HMRC can and do provide this data - you just might need to be patient and make sure you go to the right person or office. You should also be prepared to have to push it a bit.

They'll also be more helpful if your tax affairs are in order. Which I guess they will be if you are solely PAYE.

good luck.

Thanks bill, honestly I have just been telling my oh what I want to say and she has pretty much written it, my English written skills are really quite poor, not been a problem until now as manual mechanic job didn't need a decent level, very good at my job , just lacking in the academic department!

Sorry to hear that Ollie. The shame is that Australia might miss out on your mechanic skills due to a technicality, when your English skills are probably as good as many an Australian mechanic. Good luck with any other avenues that you decide to explore.

Guest Ollie2011

I know, so frustrating, wish I had known 8 years ago to save all those payslips and p60s,if I had a hope in hell I'd do the tests tomorrow or if it was just based on them checking you can actually communicate effectively in the English language and wouldn't need help with needing every document translating then I'd be fine as obviously I'm a fluent English speaker, like you said, so hard that we are prob going to miss out on a technicality, just really hoping agent has missed something and we can get a letter from my work confirming that I have been a mechanic for over 8 years with them.

If you have been with the one company for that time you should be fine. You need evidence and they can provide it. They may even have payroll details going back if they dig. They can certainly confirm your claim. Most people don't keep tax info beyond 6 years.

Ollie2011, dreams are worth fighting for! Look into the declaration which would seem the best route otherwise have a go and sit the IELTS, people panic about the test and just the thought of sitting an exam. I passed 1st attempt although resat (to jump my EOI up in the standings during the early days of the new system) and im useless at English sitting it twice at GCSE and only ever getting a D grade! The purpose is to check that you are a competent user of English nothing more.

S

Appointment letter n relieving is sufficient for previous employment, payslip n bank stmt for current employment, if u hv tax return u submit to validate. However if they still insist give a declaration n try getting letter from ur previous employer... All they want is the proof of ur employment not how much u earned etc... Hope it clarifies.. Good luck

I was asked to get p60s for last 10 years which I didn't have. Called tax office and they said they only had last 6 years or so but there is an hmrc email address in which u can request your whole working life history of tax/ni contributions. I will try and find it and PM you the details.

Hi Ollie,

We had one of my p60s from a different business as I owned 2 businesses at the time. But my accountant was able to sort it out.

Maybe you could see an accountant they could probably sort your payslips too mine did for an ex employee who emigrated on the 475.

So keep your chin up and hopefully You'll find a solution I'm sure that you will.

Edited by Toneless

Guest Ollie2011

HMRC can actually provide your tax details for a lot longer. But you can't just go to your normal tax office, as they will need to access their archives

Check out this link

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/industrial-compensation/

You can make a record retrieval request back to 1996/97 (which is when they introduced self assessment) or a Subject Access Request which goes back a lot further.

My husband is a tax inspector and said that whilst these requests are rare HMRC can and do provide this data - you just might need to be patient and make sure you go to the right person or office. You should also be prepared to have to push it a bit.

They'll also be more helpful if your tax affairs are in order. Which I guess they will be if you are solely PAYE.

good luck.

Thank you helenwestwickam, have checked out this link, not sure what form to use as the one on there for employment history is for compensation claims but have got the number so will ring them tomorrow, thanks again

Guest Ollie2011

Rammygirl, am hoping that getting an employer declaration will,be enough, after all, if it's for my visa points surely you just need to confirm that I have worked as a mechanic for x amount of years! fingers crossed!