How does it all work?

Guest Griff

Guest Griff

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone could spend the time to answer the following questions.

What is a TRA that I see on the signature lines of some poeples posts?

Do you have to pay out for visa application or visa acceptance, if application and the visa is not granted do you lose the fees paid?

Do you get an idea that you have been accepted before paying out for medicals etc.?

Sorry if these sound like silly questions but we have just started out application process and don't fully understand what order thing should be done.

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Hi,

I would be grateful if someone could spend the time to answer the following questions.

What is a TRA that I see on the signature lines of some poeples posts?

Do you have to pay out for visa application or visa acceptance, if application and the visa is not granted do you lose the fees paid?

Do you get an idea that you have been accepted before paying out for medicals etc.?

Sorry if these sound like silly questions but we have just started out application process and don't fully understand what order thing should be done.

Hi,

This link should explain TRA http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplace/Programmes/TRA,

you pay up front for your visa application and you do not know at the time of your medicals but if you use a good agent they should let you know your chances right from the start,

Good luck

Guzzler

Hey Griff,

No such thing as silly questions as on here!!!

TRA is Trades Recognition Assessment for some trades that have to pass this before can proceed with the actual visa application....!!

They dont tend to tell you alot about application status, but they will ask for further info if they need it. I should think that if there is something seriously wrong with your application they will tell you anyway!

Hope thats all correct!!

Dan and Steph

You pay for the visa when you apply....and if you dont get it you lose it all!

Guest Django

Hi Griff,

No such thing as a silly question on this forum.

TRA is 'Trades Recognition Australia. It is a body that assesses your skills and decides whether your skill is up to what Oz wants.

You pay for your visa when you lodge it.

Next when you get a Case Officer (often referred to as CO) they will ask for any missing info before your aplication is sent on to the decission maker. Usually the only bits missing are poilce checks and medicals but they might want further info on other things.

Pete