Is there a special visa for this...

Guest jimdundee

Guest jimdundee

Hi, Me and my wife are in the process of making our will. We have been here for almost 5 years and have an 8 month old baby daughter. My question is, which is strange but is 1 of the questions we have been asked as part of the will. If me and my wife were to both pass away who would look after our daughter?

We do have some very close friends here but no family. They are all back in the U.K.. My wife has a twin sister who would more than happy look after bubs but we would want our daughter to remain in Australia. Her twin sister does not qualify for any visa.

So my question is, would there be any special visa the twin sister could get to come here and look after bubs if anything was to happen to us both?

We hope this will never happens but want to put in place the best opportunity for our daughter.

Thanks for reading and hope someone could offer any advice before we have to contact a migration agent.

Thanks

Jason

There is a guardian visa I think. I haven't looked into it, and I don't know what with the recent family visa changes if it would still be an option, but it's worth looking into. Of course, even if it exists now, it might not in 1/5/10 years.

A student guardian visa applies only if the student has a student visa, which is not open to Australian citizens.

Adoption, followed by a parent visa application might work, but there would be serious issues and huge expense.