489 Visa

Guest Christinalouise

Guest Christinalouise

Hi I hope someone can help :jiggy:

We have submitted our 489 Visa end of April along with all police checks and medicals but have not heard from anyone and as far as I can see we have not been given a CO. We have gone through an agent but every time I email or ring and leave messages I am not getting a response I am worried that we have got lost somewhere along the chain. Can anyone advise us on how long it takes to get a 489

Many thanks

Christina.

Iam not sure about the latest timelines but its should not be that late. Please refer the link below to see the priorities for processing

https://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/24apriority_skilled.htm

Not sure how the agent works in between, I suppose you can still speak to the immigration SA with your details to seek the status

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/contact%20us

Or Speak to IMMI details are here http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/our-telephone-numbers.aspx

Guest Claire-n-tel

Christina, I am unsure about processing times from immi but I would defiantly not be happy if you have truly been trying to contact your agent for 2 months with no response (have you had absolutely no response or do you just mean not the info you want?) have a look at your contract about contact with them

Guest bianca

we lodged ours on 6th january along with police checks and medicals and still havent heard anything :( hope we hear something soon. we really thought we'd have been there by now x

we lodged our 489 beginning of may, done our police checks/medicals too, we haven't been allocated a case officer yet but I read it takes around 3 months, we haven't used an agent so think we have to just wait patiently!!!! but if I was using an agent I would expect them to at least make some contact even if it was to say "nothing yet"!! fingers crossed everyone waiting :smile:

Guest tiswas88

Hi everyone ,

We had a case officer issued to us on February 9th February and completed medicals and police checks submitted by end of March.

i then had to undergo another further police check (ACRO) due to the fact I had been working in Afghanistan for 2 years as a contractor. this really peeved me off because it highlighted exactly the same as CRB check and ultimately put us behind as soon after they announced all visas were on hold till July 1st announcement. I think it's a real poor process after taking all your money for visas, vetassess, ielts, medicals and police checks and agents fees (totalling £12k)then leaving us in limbo.

Does anyone feel as pis@ed of as me???:arghh:

It must be very frustrating tiswas88, I was just giving you guys the time it took us to get our conformation. Believe me I have been there, the whole process is very frustrating especially when the goal posts keep being moved.

When we first started this 2 years ago we were just about to submit our application for PR when they introduced the IELTS test, it was my worst nightmare especially when the bar was set so high. It took me 4 times and £s for tuition to get me through it.

Good luck with your application guys

Guest Claire-n-tel

i then had to undergo another further police check (ACRO) due to the fact I had been working in Afghanistan for 2 years as a contractor. this really peeved me off because it highlighted exactly the same as CRB check and ultimately put us behind as soon after they announced all visas were on hold till July 1st announcement. I think it's a real poor process after taking all your money for visas, vetassess, ielts, medicals and police checks and agents fees (totalling £12k)then leaving us in limbo.

Does anyone feel as pis@ed of as me???:arghh:

Hi Tiswas....

the immi site clearly states that you will need a police check for every country you have lived in for a year or more as an adult the CRB check only shows what you have been up to while in the uk you may have spent a year in prison in another country and they would not know about it. You could have chosen to apply for it much earlier in the process being that it is stated that you are going to need it.

Yes it is an expensive process, but you are made aware up front of what the likely costs are and I guess it is something each person must decide if they are able to do, ie is it worth it to you?......the agent fees are an added extra, immi do not charge them and yu have a clear choice as to if you want to use them or not (plenty of people don't)

It can be a hugely stressful process but there is nothing you can do about it if you want to go down this road, make your choices carefully, do everything asked of you and other than that all you can do is wait it out.....:smile: