Urgent Locksmith needed to fit window locks and other security..

Growler

Hi we have just moved into our first home and the security is terrible. Our neighbour has advised us of the breakinns so im quite anxious abut it. If you know of any window or locksmith please let me know asap as i need someone to come and give us quotes. Thanks x

Hi we have just moved into our first home and the security is terrible. Our neighbour has advised us of the breakinns so im quite anxious abut it.

If the house security is that bad, then I'd go with Claire's suggestion and contact your landlord.

Otherwise, are you sure the area you are in is actually that bad? Maybe you could put your mind at rest by contacting your local police station and have a chat? Or Neighbourhood Watch?

For some reason I thought you'd moved into the 5159 area which is a pretty good area. We also live there and read of a few crimes reported in the local Neighbourhood Watch leaflet, but have only experienced one attempt at a breakin...although thanks to DS going through a misguided phase of thinking it was ok to break in if he hadn't got his keys (grr- he has since been 're-educated' lol), I have since discovered there are a few weak points in our security. And our home was previously owned by a very security-conscious family so go figure.

The few people I know who have been burgled were those where the property was large enough to offer some privacy as the burglars did their stuff. In our attempt, they used the cover afforded by one of our vehicles.

So, relax, take common sense precautions, and if you can see holes in your security, speak to your landlord.

Wishing you happiness and luck in your new home.

:wubclub: LC

Hi we have just moved into our first home and the security is terrible. Our neighbour has advised us of the breakinns so im quite anxious abut it. If you know of any window or locksmith please let me know asap as i need someone to come and give us quotes. Thanks x

I really feel for you, you seem to be having a rough time. Where on earth are you living? There isn't much crime here generally (not compared to the UK) and you shouldn't be having these worries on top of everything else. Please pm me if you want more support. I am struggling at times myself so I know how hard it is.

Guest Guest12727

If you are in a rental you cannot change the locks without permission from the landlord. If there is a problem, the landlord is responsible for this. But stop and think, are you putting UK values on an Aus home. A couple of years ago I was helping a new family settle into their first rental, they had exactly the same reaction. Wanted to know why there weren't any bars at the windows and were worried about being broken into. They have been here 18mths now, and nothing 'bad' has happened. Relax.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...