half way there?

Guest Guest1495

Guest Guest1495

our sponsorship from South Australia has been approved today and our application has been lodged with DIAC in Australia!

Now for the hardcore waiting! :SLEEP:

Five months to get to here, what do you reckon another five months-ish?

Oh well, its one step closer! hooorrraaa

Guest Django

Well done. That is the bit that is the worry. That done full steam for the visa. Sponsored ones seem to go through quicker than the indie route. Good luck and hope you aren't waiting too long.

Pete

Guest Guest1495

Thanks guys, is that the worry out of the way then? Just the police checks and the meds to fail now then if anything?!

It does feel good to have got to this stage, but its nice to know others have gone through it and we can pop on and see how your all doing while we wait!

good luck to all, Paul & Sharon

Hi Paul and Shaz

I have just read you have just received confirmation of your state sponsorship. We are with an agent and are going under the same route. At present we are waiting for our TRA approval. I was wondering in what order do you apply for sponsorship and then main visa as our agent has said she wants to get our main visa application in before the end of May so assuming the state sponsorship comes late. Any help or info would be appreciated.

Andi

Guest Guest1495

Hi Andi, I'll help as much as I can; basically as our timeline says we had my qualifications assessed 1st (much like the TRA I'm guessing). We started in January paid our agent fee and collected all the skills information required, the final skills assessment was lodged end of feb, while we were waiting for the outcome of that our agent got going on the SA sponsorship we had all the forms to fill in about ourselves, why SA, defacto relationship proof, how we would cope in Oz what sort of money we hoped to take ect. It took a while and the biggest problem for us was getting 5 statements from friends and family and then counter signed by a solicitor to prove our defacto status.

So by the time we had my skills approved we were almost ready for the SA application which was lodged a few weeks after. We were told it can take 2-4 weeks for SA to approve your application and this seemed spot on as our timeline shows.

As far as I am aware thats the hard bit done and its just meds and police checks while SA do the main visa app. We have been told this can take 4-5 months and may be sped up if we do the meds/checks before they are asked for, but bare in mind if you do that you will have to be in OZ within 1yr after the meds even if the visa takes a long time to be issued.

I hope that helps don't hesitate to ask if I can answer anymore questions, I can even paste some transcripts from my agent if my explanation isn't that clear!

P

Guest Beth&Martin
our sponsorship from South Australia has been approved today and our application has been lodged with DIAC in Australia!

Now for the hardcore waiting! :SLEEP:

Five months to get to here, what do you reckon another five months-ish?

Oh well, its one step closer! hooorrraaa

We are applying for a SA Sponshership 475 visa. We lodged it with DIAC on 5th Nov 07 and got confirmation of its arrival on 6th Nov. So that's 6 months ago. We are so eager to go and I must admit are getting a little impatient. :arghh:I emailed our agent last week and below is his reply.

"Hi Beth

I am currently receiving medical requests for cases lodged in September and the odd October case so this tells me you are not too far away from receipt of yours; there is no real way of knowing your exact spot in the queue unfortunately as this information is predictably kept mum by DIAC!"

So hopefully not too long now.:huh: Then the fun really begins - trying to sell the house.:arghh:

Hi Paul

Thanks for your quick reply and advice. Seems our agent really should have been working on this for us by now. Will ring them today as wondering if they have as i have already completed forms about ourselves, family, money etc although not asked us why SA.

Hopefully if i need statements i have 3 good friends who are lawyers so they may help me. We are married so that part for us is ok although would be interested to know what kind of proof you need to prove the relationship as my son is applying in his own right at the end of the year and he is living with his girlfriend and has a 2 year old daugher together. I am going to do the forms myself and just get them checked by the agent for him.

My sticky part is my 18 year old son and how he goes with us, but have posted a thread to try and get some advice on this.

Thanks again and good luck.

You are right my agent has told me that the skills assessment is the hard part and visa process is a formality obviously as long as you not a mass murderer with a bad heart.

Andi

Guest Guest1495

Yes 6 moths would probably be accurate I just need to keeps Sharons feet on the ground now! it will be quite hard waiting at this stage as previously we have had lots to do and it seemed like things were moving along.

Andi, as you are married I think your application will be a lot more straight forward, like you say just the kids to worry about, I'm sure PIA will help with that.

I'll just give you a couple of lines from my agent about what they needed for the SA application in regards to why SA ect:

"We have requested that you complete a SA Questionnaire, please complete this in as much detail as possible as this information is used to complete your online application. Immigration SA are looking for you to ‘sell yourself’ to them, why should they sponsor you? And why did you pick SA over other states. Please also note down where you have found the information eg. Websites, books used.

We have also requested employment questionnaires to be completed in regards to you current and previous employment." (one current and one previous)

so I'm guessing your agent will provide a similar questionnaire so they can fill in the DIAC forms for you.

good luck! P