What do I enter a PGCE as on the EOI as it is not an option?

Guest asherkaiund

Guest asherkaiund

Hi Everybody,

I have just started to process of migration and have been filling in the EOI form. As a Teacher I have a PGCE but on the EOI the only level above Degree but below a doctorate on the qualifications list is a Masters. In England the PGCE is considered the same level as a masters, is this the case in OZ?

IAN :smile:

Guest asherkaiund
I'm nowhere near an expert, but I 'think' I've read on poms in oz that it isn't.

Do you have a positive skills assessment yet? You need that before doing the EOI.

Hi Blossom

I am just sending off the skills test but was filling in the EOI form as i went along. Quick question: What kind of time scale does the skills, EOI and visa take if it runs smoothly?

Thanks

Ian

Having recently obtained a PGCE myself and submitted my EOI, the PGCE is only considered as half way towards a Masters, as two modules are at Level 6 and two at Level 7. Therefore, you will have to select an honours degree as your highest qualification if this is the case.

Hope this helps?

• 4 weeks later...

Ian, PGCEs are not equivalent to a Masters in the UK either.

i have a BA (Hons), MSocSc and a PGCE. The MSocSc is the highest qualification. A PGCE is a post-graduate not Masters qualification.