Boy Racers/Hoons!

Saw this article in the Adelaide newspaper and thought I would share it with you.

Hoon drivers are a problem in some areas. The thing to look out for is tyre marks on the roads where they have been racing and going donuts.

We took a year to buy a house and avoided a few areas when we were looking round were there was clearly 'hoon' activity!

I would also add that graffiti is a bit of a problem in Adelaide as well.

I don't think it's just Adelaide. Everywhere I've been I've encountered hoon behaviour - even a posh suburb of Sydney where my Aunt lives and an ex boyfriend in the UK used to do it all the time. You would have thought tyres were too expensive to do that!

Luckily though the Police are cracking down on hoons, all you have to do is take down the number plate and report it to the Police.

If it's not hoons, then it's feral neighbours who have all night parties or barking dogs. Take your pick.

I think I'm getting old. :biglaugh:

I don't think it's just Adelaide. Everywhere I've been I've encountered hoon behaviour - even a posh suburb of Sydney where my Aunt lives and an ex boyfriend in the UK used to do it all the time. You would have thought tyres were too expensive to do that!

Luckily though the Police are cracking down on hoons, all you have to do is take down the number plate and report it to the Police.

If it's not hoons, then it's feral neighbours who have all night parties or barking dogs. Take your pick.

I think I'm getting old. :biglaugh:

I think it must be our age, I am 34, 35 in June and I find myself idenifying with the TV programme 'Grumpy Old Men and Women' ha ha!!!

One of the places we rented in Adelaide we had heavy metal music from the lad and noisey sex from the girl, needless to say when our 6 month lease was up we moved!

Guest Django

These types are everywhere unfortunately but are slowly killing themselves off. Unfortunately they tend to take some poor innocent bystander with them.:sad: Where I live is full of them so seeing the odd one or two would be a step up.;)

BTW I couldn't read the article as all the writing seemed broken up. :(

These types are everywhere unfortunately but are slowly killing themselves off. Unfortunately they tend to take some poor innocent bystander with them.:sad: Where I live is full of them so seeing the odd one or two would be a step up.;)

BTW I couldn't read the article as all the writing seemed broken up. :(

If you click on the article a couple of times it will get bigger, I have just double checked it and it works.

Guest Django
If you click on the article a couple of times it will get bigger, I have just double checked it and it works.

Thank you Jessica.:notworthy::notworthy: Have read it now. :D

Pete

Guest caoimhe

Well in Northern Ireland we pay extremely high car insurance for the priveledge of our high population of Joy riders, and the biggest problem is they steal the cars in the good family suburbs as obviously their own areas don't have as nice or fast cars

So we'll be no worse off there :wacko::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Trakki

Unfortunately I think it is a fact of life that wherever there are human beings there will be this type of behaviour regardless of what country you are in. The main thing to look out for is how it is dealt with, do they just get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again or do they actually get punished, that is how you need to guage it. My personal feelings only obviously.

Guest swampo
I have to be honest and say I think that hoon racing is one of the biggest social problems here in Adelaide (along with the pokies). We're lucky in that we rarely hear any of them, but the signs are there most mornings, tell tale tyre tracks all over the roads.:sad:

What a shame that this type of anti social behavour is such a problem, that's what we are moving from the UK to get away from. What are the districts to avoid or is it everywhere?

What are pokies???

Guest sarahsmartiepants

So what are the buildings that have "polites" written on them in white and blue check? I though maybe they were backpackers or hostles???

sarah

Guest paul_smart

Buy a bag of jacks, sharpen the corners and throw them in the road if it's a problem, you'll find them wrecked in a ditch in the morning, if it works you may even be able to go into business selling "anti hoon" devices!!:biglaugh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants
These were buildings owned by Mr Polites a grrek migrant who made a fortune in buildings. Every building heowned he put his name on. It is pronounced poleyetees not that everyone in the building is polite.:)
For real???? So it is just a block of flats then???:huh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants
No they are usually commercial buildings and they are all over Adelaide.
Now that should have been a question for the citizenship test i just did!

sarah