489 visa fee confusion!

Linda21

Hi, when I was looking at the visa fees for the 489 I noticed there were two amounts listed (for 2 adults / 2 kids).

The first states "SP489 Skilled Regional Sponsored (Prov)" = £4120

The second states "SP489 Skilled Regional Spon (Prov) Holds" = £385.00

Can someone clarify which amount gets paid first?? How soon after does the 2nd instalment have to be paid?"

Hi, when I was looking at the visa fees for the 489 I noticed there were two amounts listed (for 2 adults / 2 kids).

The first states "SP489 Skilled Regional Sponsored (Prov)" = £4120

The second states "SP489 Skilled Regional Spon (Prov) Holds" = £385.00

Can someone clarify which amount gets paid first?? How soon after does the 2nd instalment have to be paid?"

You appear to have a fee miscalculation.

A lesser amount is paid for applicants who hold a 489 and are applying for a second 489. This is not a 'second instalment' and from what you have posted, does not apply in your case.

Before visas are granted a second instalment of $4250 must be paid by each dependent applicant 18 years of age or older who does not have at least functional English. Second instalments are not listed by the DIBP Pricing Estimator.

May I suggest you consult the DIBP Visa Pricing Table?