Help

Boxertony

I am in the process of going through a migration company called Immigration Unit to gain my Visa but its going to cost me just under £6000 to get everything. I was just wondering will it be cheaper for me to apply for my Visa directly myself and is the process really hard to complete. Just had major financial difficulties lately and had to spend my savings.

Please can someone help me with how do I apply for the State Sponsorship 475 visa.

My skills come under the Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) Second Edition Structure & Definitions: 2512-11 Welfare Worker and I am on 115 points if I gain State sponsorship and another 10 points to make it 125 points if I take the Proficiency English Test.

Qst 1. Which order do I apply for things

Qst 2. What are the websites links I can use to apply for all the relevant stuff

Qst 3. What documentation I need to apply for my visa, i.e. work references

Qst 4. What are the costs for each stage.

Qst 5. Any other in formation i may need answering

Qst 6. How much money do I have to have to take to Australia ( I have about £10k) after flights and some furniture to send over.

One problem though I think I can only go to Tasmania or Regional Victoria because these are the only two states are sponsoring Welfare Workers at this current time, which I am gutted, which I have only researched Adelaide and only interested in South Australia, not Victoria.

I know its a lot to ask for x sorry x Tony

Guest jill wright

Hi Tony we are going on the same visa and have not used a migration company. phil is a Baker this comes under trades .The visa application is straight forward and cost £950.00 meds I think will be between 500-750. However Phil completed the skills assessment two years ago through TRA can't remember what it cost but wasn't over expensive. If you do it all yourself you can knock 4 grand off what you would pay through a migration company. State sponsorship is free also. The only think we did pay out initially was abot £200 to migrationexpert.com for an assessment advising which visa we would get and then we could download info telling us how to go about skills assessment we also got about a month online consultation which answered all our questions

Will try and help further if we can

Jill

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Tony,

We have said this before on another thread you started, "This Seems to be very expensive" We have gone through an agent and everything added up to £3,500 ish. And we do mean everything postage, Medicals, Visa, Etc Etc.

It may be worth you looking at another agent if you don't fancy doing it yourself.

Good Luck and hope you finally get to SA.

Martin and Val

Guest Sharon and Paul

HI Tony, We used Migration bureau thay are very good but bloody expensive all ready up to £6000 still going up hay a least i am on 30% discount now ?, (big deal) If i could turn back the clock i would have used someone a lot cheaper?, so shop around look at go matilda

Jill thanks for your response. I have now decided to apply for my visa myself. First of all I am going to apply for my assessment of of my overseas qualifications via the National Office, Australian Institute of Welfare and Community Workers Inc., PO Box 42, FLINDERS LANE VIC 8009 Australia

Tel: +61 (0)3 9654 8287 Fax: +61 (0)3 9654 1081

www.aiwcw.org.au

Nevertheless I am aware that I have take my original Qualification Certificates to a person who is authorised in our country to certify that copies are true and accurate copies of the originals.

How do I do that?

Where do I go to get my certificates certified?

What does this person have to do, is there a statement this person writes or is a special form they have to complete?

I am aware the cost is about £100

Once I have completed this and then send it aware I assume then I will then then next stages are applying for State sponsorship for my 475 visa then after that apply for my actual visa

etc.

I look forward to your response and very much appreciated

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Tony,

I had to have loads of certificates certified and this has to be done by a solicitor, a magistrate or Notary public. Their are others that can do it but a Solicitor is probably your best bet.

They generally charge you per signature so if you happen to know one it will be cheaper. We had around 100 or so items that we had to get certified not only things for the TRA but also for the Visa application so we gathered them all up and had the lot done in one hit. As we knew the solicitor we only paid £10 for the lot , but their normal cost was £3 per signature.

If I remember correctly most of the stuff for the TRA was duplicated for the Visa.

I cant give you a full list but mainly all qualification certs, birth, marriage certs etc.

Hope this helps mate and good luck.

Martin and Val

Guest Django

Make an appointment to see a JP at your local magistrates court. You will save yourself a small fortune for the signature on your certified copies.

They will write (or rubber stamp) on the copies "I, 'blah de blah', do certify that this is an exact copy of the original" (or words to that effect:)) and then sign it with their name and their position in life.

Pete

Guest jill wright

Hi Tony

Agree with Val certified copies not half as complex as it sounds just make an appointment with your solicitor telling them what you want them to do for you it doesn't cost much they just sign copies. honestly you will be able to do it all yourself we didn't even know about this forum when we did skills assessment so you've a big bonus there sure all your questions can be answered by us lot

Jill

Guest hel&sam

the local court thing sounds good but if you dont manage to get it for nowt try ringing round local solicitors, we got quotes for everything from £1 per sheet to £5 per sheet, in the end the one i used stamped and signed my pile of copies in about 5 minutes flat and charged £15 for the lot. took my own copies though (which i did for nothing at work!! hee hee :P:p )

helen.

Ok! I will get my certificates photocopied and then get my solicitor or JP to certify them by writing on them. Regarding my work experience. I am aware that you can show up to ten years, however concentrating more on the last three to five years. I am aware that you have to gain proof of what your job title was, and job role etc, the dates of work. I think you do not need a actual reference from this job though. Been sacked for my big mouth quite a lot and some employers of mine would refuse to write a reference for me.

Furthermore for the assessment of my overseas qualifications I am using AIWCW (Australian Institute of Welfare & Community Workers Inc.). In their paperwork they mentioned that I satisfy AIWC Core Competencies requirements, I must provide sufficient evidence that I have attained all 33 of the Essential Elements of Core Competencies, and have attained 2 out of the Six Elements labeled "Desirable" How the hell do I demonstrate this from jobs I have conducted so far. I think me writing a statement is not good enough, there is no way my past employers will not write a detailed report about me matching these skills I have done for them in their employment

I just wished I had the £4k to get this Immigration company to do this for me, but I just cannot afford it.

Guest Nick11
Ok! I will get my certificates photocopied and then get my solicitor or JP to certify them by writing on them. Regarding my work experience. I am aware that you can show up to ten years, however concentrating more on the last three to five years. I am aware that you have to gain proof of what your job title was, and job role etc, the dates of work. I think you do not need a actual reference from this job though. Been sacked for my big mouth quite a lot and some employers of mine would refuse to write a reference for me.

Furthermore for the assessment of my overseas qualifications I am using AIWCW (Australian Institute of Welfare & Community Workers Inc.). In their paperwork they mentioned that I satisfy AIWC Core Competencies requirements, I must provide sufficient evidence that I have attained all 33 of the Essential Elements of Core Competencies, and have attained 2 out of the Six Elements labeled "Desirable" How the hell do I demonstrate this from jobs I have conducted so far. I think me writing a statement is not good enough, there is no way my past employers will not write a detailed report about me matching these skills I have done for them in their employment

I just wished I had the £4k to get this Immigration company to do this for me, but I just cannot afford it.

Try go matilda - much cheaper and they can guide you.

Guest Nick11
Go matilda is the only one who said I have not got enough recent experiences in the field of work I am applying for which is Welfare Worker, however four other agencies say tome that I have plenty. lol

That's very strange - they are normally spot on.

My friends used a guy called Daryll - not sure which agency he is from - but is well known on here - a little more expensive - but very helpful.

Guest jill wright

If I were you I'd take a look at the website below which was all we used

http://www.migrationexpert.com/australia/visa/visa_australia.asp

as I say we just paid for assessment and online consultation. we could download all the info we needed for skills assessment and how to go about everything. The online consulation lasted a month and was great got all the questions needed to complete tra assessment. You could subscribe for another month if you had more queriesCost about 200-300 quid

Keep going with it Tony

Jill