489 visa granted

Pmckin14

Hi All

After lodging our visa in January, we have finally got the golden grant email, we are over the moon and still in a state of shock.

Now we can finally start arranging things, my partner Charlie is a solid plasterer so a bit nervous about the job situation, but we are willing to work anyway and feeling positive so fingers crossed.

Next stop flights :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks to all those on this forum who have helped

Congratulations!

The job market is competitive but not impossible. We have friends who moved here 8 months ago. They are both working...self employed. He's a joiner and has completed his white card and his contractors licence. He just did a weeks work for us and we have him booked again next month...he has 5 months work and is getting stressed because he can't handle any more but to be honest that's the exception. He doesn't just do carpentry work though and has been very good at networking (golf!). Like a lot of things it's who you know.

Hope that you have some good contacts from this site or maybe someone opens a door for you...

Worst type of visa considering that

1) You wont be getting any benefit (medicare, childcare, Tuition fees or anything considered benefit) from the Govt till you are eligible for permanent residency

2) You need to stay and work in Adelaide/SA ( 52 weeks payslip) to be eligible for PR which also requires a good months of waiting period

Although if you are prepared to take any challenge considering current unemployment rate in SA , you are most welcome to take .

Hi Tamarac,

thanks for your positive comment, we're hoping we have the same success as your friends fingers crossed, we certainly will be trying our hardest to make this work. Unfortunately we do not have contacts in south Australia, but we will be getting ourself out there to try to meet newpeople

amit-taut, we are fully aware of the ins and outs of the 489, we are not so naive to make such a life changing decision without knowing the ins and outs, this however is the only option for some people and I don't really need the negativity AFTER having been granted such visa. We are 2 people with no children so we do not need tuition fees nor child care, though there are many people with children that do make this visa type work. We are also working 2 jobs to ensure we do have enough savings and can survive without jobs until we gain employment!!

Guest LisaPaul
Hi All

After lodging our visa in January, we have finally got the golden grant email, we are over the moon and still in a state of shock.

Now we can finally start arranging things, my partner Charlie is a solid plasterer so a bit nervous about the job situation, but we are willing to work anyway and feeling positive so fingers crossed.

Next stop flights :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks to all those on this forum who have helped

Congratulations! We are just about to start the process and I wish I was at your stage! We have 3 small children though so it's a bit daunting for us. Best of luck!

Yeh it's been a stressful process but glad to be at the end, we were lucky that we don't have the extra worry of children yet but I have read so many positives of whole families emigrating so I am sure you will be fine! I'm not an expert but if you need any help with bits of the process that I may have been through let me know, these sites are fab I couldn't have done it without here and pomsinoz.

good luck!

Guest Claire-n-tel
Worst type of visa considering that

1) You wont be getting any benefit (medicare, childcare, Tuition fees or anything considered benefit) from the Govt till you are eligible for permanent residency

hi admit.taut, probably best that before you answer a thread with a doom and gloom post you check that what you are saying is correct.....the Op, presuming that they are uk citizens (they are in Northern Ireland so probably) they are entitled to receive medicare health care under the reciprocal agreement

pmckin, congratulations and good luck :cute:

Guest Christinalouise

Wow so excited just received our 489 Visa it's been a long wait but can now plan for the future.

Good luck to those all waiting it will come to you very soon. :jiggy: