887 two year rule

kes

Hi Friends and Members, just i had a question to check about 475 visa. If in case i am able to complete 22months of stay in SA, in this scenario will be eligible to apply for a PR887?

Is that 2 years checking will be done strictly based on the total days which i lived .. will it be checked via my passport (in and out stamped dates ?)or the docs which i will provide ?

me and my family are planning to settle in SA but we are going to be short by atleast 1-2 mnths in that 2 years living rule .. any ways to fix this ? request to share your views and a possible resolution .. thanx

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi Kes......the two year rule needs to be a full two years ie 104 weeks. They will not need to check your passport to be sure of the time you have spent here every time you go through passport control it will be recorded

Hi Kes......the two year rule needs to be a full two years ie 104 weeks. They will not need to check your passport to be sure of the time you have spent here every time you go through passport control it will be recorded

Hi

Thanx for your reply. Also Is it possible that i can show all of my stay dates for this 2 year living rule even if it is done thru multiple entries

right from initial entry date even if it has gaps in between ?

How big a gaps? You have to be living there.

Hi..

few more clarifications required ,

1.so if i have lived for 27 dys during last nov-dec2013 and 2dys of my initial entry to SA - can i include all these to achieve 730 dys ? currently i intend to move by nov'14 and complete the balance of 701 dys with visa expiring by 18-oct-2016 including a one year extension.

2. Due to my current employment outside Australia - if i have been asked to serve my current employer for another 3 months , i would be able to complete around 613 dys only in my 475 visa, In this scenario - iam still willing to fulfill 2 yrs rule , do i have the option to do it ? can i still be able to achieve the PR 887- me as a migrant is ready and committed to fulfill the living/working criteria for 475 visa - but will i have that option to do it in such a way to live the balance 90 dys and apply for PR887 ?

Request members kindly for a clarification on this - thanks.

Guest Claire-n-tel
Dear Members/Seniors , Pls help..

Sorry Kes it is all a bit muddled up......basically you need to have been in Australia for a whole 2 years on your 457 before you become eligible for an 887. You can have gone on holiday/ traveled etc but if for example you were out of australia for 6 weeks you would need to add on an extra 6 weeks before applying

Sorry Kes it is all a bit muddled up......basically you need to have been in Australia for a whole 2 years on your 457 before you become eligible for an 887. You can have gone on holiday/ traveled etc but if for example you were out of australia for 6 weeks you would need to add on an extra 6 weeks before applying

thnx claire ..will do the best possible way to satisfy the existing rules ..