Urgent Visa Question!!!!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

A good friend of mine has a real issue with his visa.

I said I would post it on here and see if any wise ones can help.

Much appreciated - he is a good bloke.

His question..........................

(Q) I have made a grave error and didn't realise a PR visa had an expiry date and didn't know about the a RRV visa before I went on holiday Now I have applied for citizenship I have been told my PR visa became invalid last April when I left to go on holiday.Does anyone know what my options are as my job, life and everything depends on itCan anyone offer some help and advice on this

Guest Guest75
Oh bugger!......does he even hold a valid visa to be in australia now Tyke?

I don't think he even knows. Poor bloke, he is very,very worried about all this.

Guest Claire-n-tel
I don't think he even knows. Poor bloke, he is very,very worried about all this.

i bet he is :frown: You think it might be worth sending a pm to one of the mara agents on here?

It sounds like someone has got confused at the citizenship place. He wouldn't have been able to get back into Australia without a valid visa. He hasn't applied for a tourist visa etc?

When did his travel section of his pr expire, and when did he last come back?

He can check his current visa status using VEVO. That should tell him what visa he is currently on (if any).

A good friend of mine has a real issue with his visa.

I said I would post it on here and see if any wise ones can help.

Much appreciated - he is a good bloke.

His question..........................

(Q) I have made a grave error and didn't realise a PR visa had an expiry date and didn't know about the a RRV visa before I went on holiday Now I have applied for citizenship I have been told my PR visa became invalid last April when I left to go on holiday.Does anyone know what my options are as my job, life and everything depends on itCan anyone offer some help and advice on this

Send me an email: (visa@pinoyau.com) for an assessment and advice.

Friend of mine went to UK for a holiday a few months ago and at Heathrow on way back was told PR visa had expired. She didn't realise it had a 5 year expiry on it and needed to be renewed. She managed to get something temporary sorted out while at the airport to ensure she could get back in to Oz. Then got PR renewed properly when back in Adelaide. She has since decided to get her citizenship to avoid future problems.

Hi

just reading this thread we have a PR visa understood the 5 year deadline but I thought that was just to actually move over here. Do I need to gain citizenship within the five years. If this is the case how long would the application and award take place. If you renew could they refuse.

just having a little panic attack.

Hope yor friend will be OK Tyke

Kathy

Hi

just reading this thread we have a PR visa understood the 5 year deadline but I thought that was just to actually move over here. Do I need to gain citizenship within the five years. If this is the case how long would the application and award take place. If you renew could they refuse.

just having a little panic attack.

Hope yor friend will be OK Tyke

Kathy

No you don't need to gain citizenship to be able to stay.

PR is permanent. You just need to ensure that once the initial 5 year timeframe ends and you are resident in Aus, that you apply for a RRV before you go out of the country. You can read about RRV's online and see what they are. It's pretty straightforward.

No you don't need to gain citizenship to be able to stay.

PR is permanent. You just need to ensure that once the initial 5 year timeframe ends and you are resident in Aus, that you apply for a RRV before you go out of the country. You can read about RRV's online and see what they are. It's pretty straightforward.

I never heard of RRV before

Thank you so I only need a special visa if I leave after 5 years for a holiday etc ???

It's not a special visa, it's just a return resident visa. Some people like to get them when their 5 years run out just incase they have to leave the country in a rush if something bad happened in the uk.

• 2 weeks later...