I have read a few things in this forum and thought I would thow my 2p in. I am an Adelaide boy living in Nottingham with my wife and kids. My wife Nikki and two kids have spent a total of 3 weeks in Australia and it's fair to say Nikki is very nervous about the impending move. We are moving to Adelaide in October. The things I am looking forward to when I we get there are as follows,
I can't wait.
- The more relaxed pace of life.
- The sense of space and open area's.
- The weather.
- The ability to say, lets go to the beach after school or work and it not being more than 20 minutes away.
- Rush hour lasting for an hour!
- A safer place to bring up a family. (crime is everywhere however I am quite happy for bikers to shoot each other I just don't want my kids shot, stabbed or mugged)
- Having the kids walk home from school with a friend that wants to play without it being planned 6 weeks in advance!!
- Going to the footy with the family, when you sit in a ground that holds 50,000 people and they are all mixed in together chearing on their own team its a wonderful experience. (Go the crows) Check it out!
- A positive future for my kids. (England is a beautiful country and we intend to get back as regularly as possible to visit however in my opinion it is heading down a path that in 10-15 years time time will not be a place I want to be living)
- Taking friends and family when they visit from the UK up to the Barossa, Clare, McLaren Vale, on a Houseboat, over to Kangaroo Island, down to Victor Harbor and if I get my ani Victorian injection along the Great Ocean Road to visit Melbourne, or just sit out the back enjoying a BBQ.
- Proper blue sky
- Not talking about the weather!!
PS Good luck to all of you thinking about going down, as I have said to my wife and her family on many occasions, Australia and Adelaide are full of people that have moved to have a better life, you normal.