Like an ever spinning circle.....jobs?

Guest bigdamnhero

Guest bigdamnhero

Hi all in Oz!

Its been a long while since i have explored the possibility of coming over with my wife and two sons. Costs of living here are just out of hand and getting worse!

I have no issue at all selling my house and leaving in general. My grave concern is the job market.

Do you just sell up and come over, hoping to find a job smartish?

Do you somehow send out a CV to ? And hope for a reply?

Im a qualified therapist working in the addictions field (Counsellor) and would like to do this in Oz.

Someone was kind enough to send me an agent's details in Burford Oxford which i seem to have lost.

Any advice?

This really is my last worry and hurdle up until now!

Many thanks!

Worried of Portsmouth.:confused:

Guest Libby1971

The bloke in Burford is Ian Harrop - try www.ianharrop.co.uk for his contact details. We used him and he was very upfront from the start.

As for options in employment, in short we came having sold up and just hoped to get a job asap. We arrived in April, worked a few days in June and early July, I worked full time July to Oct, hubbie worked full time from Nov to Dec and then Jan to April. I am now working full time so one or both of us has been working more or less since we got here. We are both teachers.

You could contact some of the agencies that are listed on www.adelaidebound.com.

I am afraid I don't know what else to suggest at the moment - mod my a*se, just useless really :P

Libby

Guest Aussie pat

Have you tried contacting 'Drug and Alcohol Services'? They are a large government agency and should be able to give you some idea re the employment situation. Be careful they don't offer you work in some tiny out of the way place though unless that's what you want. Goodluck!

Hedy

Guest bigdamnhero

Great Libby! Thank you so much for this info - What only yesterday was an exploration has turned into a full decision to go for it! I watched the news this morning and they were saying how energy bills are going up by up to 40% this year, then the petrol costs are £1.20 per litre and rising, food costs have almost doubled etc...extortion from the highest levels!

So, now we are frantically going to spruce up the house to sell and attempt to go for it!

Hopefully speak soon.