medicals! HELP! Irregular heartbeat!!!

Guest ceri

Guest ceri

hi everyone!, is there anyone out there who has been sent for further tests on their heart? Hubbies medicals showed up an irregular heartbeat and have been sent to see a cardiologist. His heart is in atrial fibrillation (beating irregularly) and they are going to shock his heart and stop it and bring it back again (like rebooting a computer) .

I am terrified that it will effect his spouse visa. :wacko:

is there anyone out there who this has happened to, and visa has been granted? PLEASE say there is!

hi ceri i dont know anyone with this kind of heart beat problem but i just want to say fingers crossed for you both am having abit of trouble with my sons medicals so wanted to tell ya i know just how worrying these things can be good luck ok

suexxx

not quite the same but my partner Andrew failed on high blood pressure. He had to see a cardio too. We really thought our application would fail, but it didnt. The criteria seems to be, if you are not going to be a drain on the assie medical scheme then you will get through. I guess the question is,,, is he going to need ongoing treatment. hope this helps and good luck.

When we went for our medicals our 4 year old daughter was diagnosed with a Heart Murmur . That was the worst day of our lives and we had to wait until the next day to see our GP. We then went private to see a Cardiologist and she had to have an Echocardiogram , BP readings and a full check up. We just had to get the Cardiologist to write a letter explaining her condition.

But this did not affect her Visa and we are here happily in Adelaide.

Guest Tracijbc

Hi there,

A good mate of mine also got an irregular heartbeat discovered at her meds, and had to to to the QMC in Nottingham for some monitoring and tests. Don't worry, nothing sinister was found and she now has her visa. She just has to be aware of it and if anything flares up, go and see her GP.

Hope that helps.

Traci xx

Guest mOZzy

my OH also had a 'slight' irregular heartbeat - but she so wasn't concerned and said that actually 1 in 5 have this and not many know!

they just want to make double sure that he's allright - for your sake too :cute:

hmm, or was it a murmur? i'll have to ask him once tha sleepy head wakes up :goofy:

Guest ozgooner

Hi,

I've been in Australia for 8 years and wouldn't live anywhere else.

I had the same trouble (irregular heartbeat) and although I had to have a few tests everything was fine so I'm sure you'll get through this ok.

Good luck