Dependants Visa

andi

Can anybody help with how easy it is to include an 18 year old on a 475 state sponsored visa. We are waiting the results of our TRA and the next step is applying for the visa itself but are unsure of which is the best option to take my 18 year old son with us.

We have been told we have 4 options:

Including him as a dependant but have to prove he depends on us for basic living needs. He has a paid apprentiship but is paid very low so would be easy to prove he couldnt live on his own, but dont know how difficult this is or when his wage may increase next year. My main concern with this is as it take so long to get through the visa process will we all be declinned and have to start again or just him declinned from our visa application.

Go on a student visa to finish his college course but he doesnt really want to go under this as he will be qualified in UK next year.

Go on a working holiday yearly visa, extend for 2nd year by which time he will have hopefully met the living 2 years and working 1 year to apply for residency. Only concern is restrictions of working in one job for a maximum of 6 months.

Go under his own 175 visa but due to the requirement of a 5 year apprentiship he wouldnt meet this for another 2.5 years.

Any help from anybody who has been through this would be appreciated.

Andi

I have not thought of that and its not even been mentioned to me. My other son is staying in the UK for a couple of years so dont know how we would fair on this one but worth looking into especially as i was going to apply for his visa later this year anyway.

Bad news today though our TRA has been declinned, waiting to find out full details but said not provided enough info regarding apprentiship on our reference from old employer. We provided 5 full pages and considering my OT did this years ago and with a massive corporation its a bit of a pain.

Thanks for your info though.

Andrea

Guest BAZnDAF

Andi,

Hang in there, I read your other post regarding the TRA, hopefully if your agent is as good as he says he is then you should be OK. Fingers crossed, and wish you luck.

The remaining relative Visa is used to bring the last remaining relative, I have a 21yo daughter and I cannot use this route as her mother will not be comming with us (we are divorced). If you go the student visa option then he must complete a course which will be needed in Oz, as I think he would have to apply for a visa once the course had finished.

you mention "Go on a working holiday yearly visa, extend for 2nd year by which time he will have hopefully met the living 2 years and working 1 year to apply for residency." Is this a possibility? i haven't heard this as a route to permanency?

Barry