Aspc Processing Times

Guest vikkiann

Guest vikkiann

Hi all, i keep getting a weekly email about processing times and for weeks now it has been stuck on 10th November.

Do you think they are just forgetting about dating it or there is a serious backlog?

Guest vikkiann

I am sending an email to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au. If you send a blank email you get an automated response about 20 minutes later, only do it on a tuesday though because that's when its updated supposedly!

However i don't think the date has moved for about 7 weeks now.

We applied for our 175 visa on 08.01.2008 and am getting frustrated! Extremely frustrated!!!

Guest Nick11

At the rate the 887s are being processed - we'll need a bridging visa to keep us in the country!

Hopefully they'll get their finger out soon - as it's the end of the year in June - they may have reached their quota and waiting til July to grant visas

Guest mOZzy

i am sorry to report that there IS a serious backlog!- and a lack of staff :wacko:

at the moment visas get finally granted for august applicants .. but veeeeeeeery slowly!!!

i've even heard that visas have been aproved but haven't been forwarded yet to the applicants because of staff shortage!!

but then again, that could be the paper based (old) ones only :goofy:

hang in there - you WILL get it!!!

Guest kfoley0681

hi i have today spoke to our agent as ours was sent in october and have been told that due to a serious backlog on the paper based apps elogged apps have been frozen until futher notice. no more info will be given on elogged apps until june.

Guest Martin and Val

The updates from the aspc e-mail we all receive are not that up to date.

We e-lodged 19th Nov, have by-passed the case officer and are now with the decision maker!

Things are moving in the background they just don't appear to be!

Hang in there, it will happen.

Guest rockpool crab
The updates from the aspc e-mail we all receive are not that up to date.

We e-lodged 19th Nov, have by-passed the case officer and are now with the decision maker!

Things are moving in the background they just don't appear to be!

Hang in there, it will happen.

Hi there,

Can I please ask how you know you've "by-passed the case officer"...and that you're now onto the "decision maker".

We e-lodged on 29th November and have been frustrated with the aspc mail stuck on 10th November for weeks..sob.

I'd just love to think that it might just happen!

Kind regards

Carol Ann

Guest kfoley0681

hi was you actually told you had by passed the case officer as i was led to beleive all cases have an officer just you dont get told if all paperwork is in order. we were told in march it had gone to a desition maker but still waiting!

Guest Martin and Val

We had an e-mail from agent which just said:

Your application is in the queue for a Decision Maker. This means there is no further documents required in order to make a decision on the visa, we must just wait for the Decision Maker to get to your application and ‘decide’ it. I will be in touch once I hear further as no timeframes were indicated.

It's a glimmer of hope!

Have I missed something? I was led to believe that the case officer was basically the decision maker. We've also been advised to wait to be assigned a CO before we get our medicals and pcs done but if its possible that some of you 'by-pass' a CO then should I be looking at getting them done just in case we're one of the lucky ones? (yeah right, ha ha. I can live in hope). We lodged our 175 beginning of Nov. The waiting does drag a bit doesn't it!

Have I missed something? I was led to believe that the case officer was basically the decision maker. We've also been advised to wait to be assigned a CO before we get our medicals and pcs done but if its possible that some of you 'by-pass' a CO then should I be looking at getting them done just in case we're one of the lucky ones? (yeah right, ha ha. I can live in hope). We lodged our 175 beginning of Nov. The waiting does drag a bit doesn't it!

hi nicky we lodged our own visa on-line 8 feb.

2 days later we got a e-mail to do our medicals/pc/forward documants which we NEARLY have.

If you do this,by time you get a case officer all the work is done if there is no hiccups hopefully.

This is what we have done anyway.

Aint gone with a agent done everything on-line

suexxx

Hi Sue

We did use an agent but basically because we were up against it timewise (we wanted to get our application in before the changes on 1st Sept) and my OH was self-employed and his work history was complicated. We managed to get it all together and sent off in just 6 weeks and I know we wouldn't have managed this without our agent. Saying that, our agent now seems to be stalling telling us not to get our meds and pcs done without a CO as they might get lost in the system whilst waiting to be assigned one. We've got our file reference so surely once completed they'd be attached to our application wouldn't they? Then they can all sit and wait together for a few more months!!

I'm sure it does happen but realistically I wonder just how often they do get lost? Has anyone had this happen to them?

Nickyx

Guest kfoley0681

on the175 visa everyone goes through a case officer but if you have already sent in your documents for police checks and medicals there is no need for them to contact you it is passed to a desition maker and who knows how long they will take! if you sent off on paper system before end of aug the case officer does make the desitson. they are being processed randomly at the mo and this has been raised with the dept some people in october have got visas whilst others in aug and sept wait on. so lets see what happen next!