medicals this monday!Do they contact our GP for any medical history?

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Hi Gang

We have the dreaded Medicals this Monday!Could you just tell me do they contact our GP at all to look at any medical history?Or does it all count on the day of the Medicals and what info we have provided on our forms?

Be glad to get them over with!Just keeping fingers crossed my Blood pressure won't let me down(just had it done at my own GP and it was very high-over the acceptable 150/90) then we have the added concern of my youngest (Matthew) with his badly damaged arm after a recent trampoline accident!

Just read recent thread about the worry and insecurity of going on the Temp SIR 495!

I feel exactly the same and understand the worries you all have but i'm trying to put that to one side until we get through the dreaded medicals!I just have a horrible feeling having got this far we are now going to come up against the awful outcome of all 6 of us NOT passing our medicals!I can't imagine how we will feel!

Gill

Guest ali@51

Hi Jill

They dont contact your GP they just relly on the info you give them. If their is a concerne they will ask u to get further info int the form of a GP or consultant letter. Try not to worrie to much we were really worried as Meg has a quite serious and costly eye condition and I am over weight in the end it was no problem we all sailed through

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi cunnah, Don't panic ?, I thought it was very layed back, i bet they have loads of families going through the system . I did read someone else had high blood pressure,i think she took some tablets to help ,then she was ok .

Guest cunnah10
Hi Jill

They dont contact your GP they just relly on the info you give them. If their is a concerne they will ask u to get further info int the form of a GP or consultant letter. Try not to worrie to much we were really worried as Meg has a quite serious and costly eye condition and I am over weight in the end it was no problem we all sailed through

Hi Ali

Thanks for your Message!You must be due to set off to Adelaide very soon?I have been following Morgan's adventure so far!Bet you wish that you were there with him!Wishing you luck on your journey over there!Bless you are a hero 3 kids in tow and all on your own to deal with such a lot of flying!

Let me know when you arrive and how it is all going for you!

Take Care

Gill

x

Guest cunnah10
Hi cunnah, Don't panic ?, I thought it was very layed back, i bet they have loads of families going through the system . I did read someone else had high blood pressure,i think she took some tablets to help ,then she was ok .

Thanks guys!I alread take tabs for my BP!Do you mean they took some kind of other tabs!Hey i'll take anything if it brings my BP down on Monday!!!!Trying to stay off the pop!But not easy!Helps me relax!

But thanks for your kind words!!!

Gill(cunnah)

good luck gill, will be thinking of you on monday and dont worry it will all be fine they are great at the elms honest:D

mine and davids blood presures were both up but she give us a few goes

i had alittle drink on the friday and none on the satday/sunday so just chill it will be ok:D

suexxx

Guest lynne

If you give any information at your medicals than the GP has to check this out. For example if you tell them you have had breast lumps that were none cancerous/cysts they can not believe your word and have to have copy of letters sent to your GP or letters from your consultant.

If you have a child with any problems such as eye problems, dyslexia, autism, kidney problems etc than you have to give the GP copies of diagnosis and how this conditon affects the child. Provide up to date tests, reports etc.

Immigration whats to know you have a normal child who will grow up into a working adult paying taxes and not draining the Aus government.

Good luck with everyone having a medical

lyn

Guest cunnah10
good luck gill, will be thinking of you on monday and dont worry it will all be fine they are great at the elms honest:D

mine and davids blood presures were both up but she give us a few goes

i had alittle drink on the friday and none on the satday/sunday so just chill it will be ok:D

suexxx

Hi Hun

Thanks for support!I need it!

Have you had any news on your little un yet with 1 kidney!Been thinking about you!

I wish that i was as optimistic as you were about our meds!But i am not!

Had a few glasses of pop tonight but that's it then till Monday night!Off to Ribby hall Village with the kids straight from or meds on monday(As they are off on school hols for 2 weeks)

Will we get an incline on the day if we have passed our meds or not?

When do you move out of your house?

Think it looks like we will end up renting our house out too!

Take care

Gill

hi gurl

no u dont get told anything when u get the meds done just that they get intouch with your tracking number etc.

you's will be fine, when i come out we had to take me son to the dentist hospital to get 4 teeth out, was more worried about that!

let me know how ribby hall is? might take the kids there, going to pontins in 2 weeks without david :unsure: so see how that goes!

take care, suexx

Guest Libby1971

Hello

When you go, you should take with you copies of letters from your GP and/ or consultants for any existing medical condition requiring treatment. This letter should give a short term (ie 12 months) and long term forecast of the treatment required to sort it out.

We had an issue in that one of our consulants retired six months before the meds and no-one told us. A replacement had not been appointed and therefore we took copies of letters sent between him and the GP. We got these from the GP and that went fine.

People going through this are advised to declare everything as random spot checks are done by Immigration. The process generally goes fine as long as you are honest and it doesn't matter which area of the process it is. Where you try to hide something, then suspicion is aroused as to what else you may be hiding.

Good luck, should be a walk in the park. We were busy planning the appeal before we had even had the meds as we were so sure I would be turned down. Our agent had all the forms ready and then I passed. I was so shocked.

Libby

Guest cunnah10
Hello

When you go, you should take with you copies of letters from your GP and/ or consultants for any existing medical condition requiring treatment. This letter should give a short term (ie 12 months) and long term forecast of the treatment required to sort it out.

We had an issue in that one of our consulants retired six months before the meds and no-one told us. A replacement had not been appointed and therefore we took copies of letters sent between him and the GP. We got these from the GP and that went fine.

People going through this are advised to declare everything as random spot checks are done by Immigration. The process generally goes fine as long as you are honest and it doesn't matter which area of the process it is. Where you try to hide something, then suspicion is aroused as to what else you may be hiding.

Good luck, should be a walk in the park. We were busy planning the appeal before we had even had the meds as we were so sure I would be turned down. Our agent had all the forms ready and then I passed. I was so shocked.

Libby

Thanks Libby for your info regarding our fast approaching meds!

Got to pass the dam thing as i'm looking forward to being invited (well hopefully)to the "ladies day out" you are often arranging!!!!!!!!

Take care(hope the job is going well for you)

Gill